TE GB South FPS problem in Heathrow (close to 27R)

CNC

Hi, I have a FPS problem just in the Heathrow airport when I'm on the rwy 27R, with the back view as you can see in the file here attached.

With this low setting of my PC I have 18PFS but if I see forward, I have 38 PFS.

If I see that area the FPS immediately drop down.....it is not normal as happen in the other scenery.

I don't know the problem but for your information I think it's related to the complexity scenery setting.

If I set complexity scenery to "simple" there is not any problem even if all other setting are on the max value. High FPS and not any stuttering.

If I set complexity scenery to "normal" with all other setting on low......I have big problem just when I see in that area of the Heatrow airport.

I hope that you can solve this problem.

If you need more information about my settings or PC configuration, please let me know.

bye

I-CNCN 

Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.15 - 23.43.27.59.png

I have i9 9900K @5Ghz and GTX980, 32Gb of RAM with screen at Full HD.

There is something strange just in that part of the airport that it's the reason of the low frame rate.

As you can see in the file attached, with the same configuration, if I just change my view, I can run at 38 pfs.

I hope that someone can solve this problem.

bye

I-CNCN

Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.15 - 23.43.06.21.png

Following several test I can say that my problem is related to London City scenery and not to Heatrow airport.

Every time that my view is in direction of London I have the frame killer.

The only way to flight is with complexity scenery in "simple".

Is there the possibility to use TEGB south only removing the heavy scenery of London?

Done. It works.

With high setting now I can fly with 30FPS.

I don't understand very well the reason but I just noticed that I remove 12GB of buldings.....

Before removing that files, the memory of my graphic card was full (4GB RAM) + about 16GB of shared RAM between GPU and CPU.

After removing that files, I have 3,7GB of RAM used of the graphic card and ZERO memory shared with the CPU.

Thanks.

bye I-CNCN 

43 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

If it is still too hard on your system, move all the FTX_GBS_3DM files out of your

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery folder.

You will lose very many buildings in London but you may get the better performance that you want.

Can a similar thing be done to improve performance in FTX England for O3D ?

Thnx

• 2 weeks later...

But surely there must be a way of weeding out a few bgl files to make Orbx England a bit more efficient in the London / S.E area ?

I have to disable Heathrow and Gatwick if I want use Stansted or UK2000 London City, or I experience blurries and 'late autogen loading' when descending to approach.

Everyone knows the London area has always been a pain in FSX and P3D: some type of tweaking tool would be appropriate.

At the end of the day, there's no way I'm purchasing the new EGLC while this area remains problematic.

And as for TrueEarth?  Lol. I have a i7 7700k with 32GB of RAM, a GTX 1080 running off a 1TB 970 Evo Plus, and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole... unless, and until, there is some substantial AND effective method of tweaking performance, especially in the SE of England

....... and I'm pretty confident that I'm not alone.

Hello,

so far no developer has come up with a way to present Greater London in full detail and

surrounded by a variety of equally detailed addon airports and not make the simulator and

the PC on which it is installed work very hard.

In the days of FSX, UK 2000 Extreme airports and VFR London X, it was impossible to cross

Greater London from London City towards Heathrow without encountering the FSX VAS limit.

It looked wonderful but the current software could not handle it.

Now there is a 64 bit simulator that does not run out of VAS and the true result of overloading

a PC can be seen.

As is made perfectly clear in this very topic, the only remedy at present available is to reduce

settings, thereby reducing the detail and therefore the workload and as a last resort, disable

some files which reduces the detail even further.

Of course you are well aware of all of this.

Archived