Can't insert Global Base, etc. in Scenery Library

mauryp

Operating system:  Windows 10 64 bit

Simulator:  P3D v4.5

Screenshot:  See attached

Issue:  Orbx Central - Settings - Insertion Point places Global Base at top of Scenery Library.

Is there some way to manually modify Orbx Central's add-on xml files to place the base and LC files below the airport scenery files?

If so where are these xml files located?

Otherwise it appears P3D is loading these base texture files over the respective airport sceneries. 

This issue apparently is the consequence of Orbx Central's broken Insertion Point feature. Is there a recommended temporary work-around to properly organize Scenery Library file sequence until the Insertion Point feature issue is resolved?

Scenery Library 1.PNG

Scenery Library 2.PNG

central.log

I have been using Lorby P4AO a freeware available from AVSIM if you wish. It will allow to move your scenery files around as you wish. The present priorities imposed by ORBX don't make sense at all when you have airport add-ons.

Hi there,

After installing Orbx Central, I made the Insertions Point adjustments normally.
So I wonder if there is something wrong with Insertions Points, because everything here is normal.

See below:

1. Orbx Airports & Regions ▼

714451746_InsertionPointsforAirportsAndRegions.thumb.jpg.a541abb18b0a490589cba6e09e571c3f.jpg

2. Orbx LCs ▼

930348394_InsertionpointsforLCs.thumb.jpg.cb3a11c45c4ebc5cd4dc51422797f8b3.jpg

Cheers,

That's the procedure I followed, which resulted in the Scenery Library screenshots shown in my initial post. I even set Orbx Central to Administrator as others have suggested, but without result. Concluding from related posts in this forum it may matter whether there are a significant number of 3rd-party scenery add-ons, the P3D version, or ???

5 hours ago, Tobago said:

I have been using Lorby P4AO a freeware available from AVSIM if you wish. It will allow to move your scenery files around as you wish. The present priorities imposed by ORBX don't make sense at all when you have airport add-ons.

Thanks for the suggestion. By using LorbyP4AO I've managed to get Orbx' and my sceneries layered correctly (for the time being, at least).

There's helpful insights in the Avsim P3D forum, by Lorby-Si and Rob Ainscough in particular. There's a robust discussion of P3D's scenery layer management implementation -- which perhaps would be helpful to Orbx Central's developers. See "New Orbx Central v4.0 now available to download" beginning at https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/557894-new-orbx-central-v40-now-available-to-download/?page=6

On 8/14/2019 at 1:38 AM, mauryp said:

Is there some way to manually modify Orbx Central's add-on xml files to place the base and LC files below the airport scenery files?

Global isn't required to be layered and therefore isn't layered by Central. However, due to to a Prepar3D issue causing issues with Global Base we've disabled the ability to install Global into a library. The other layers which are sitting at the top are a result of some leftover files that are meant to override other Orbx products. These generally have no detriment to the scenery being layered there but we are working through these products to remove these leftover files.

There is a potential issue we're investigating with insertion points if you have multiple scenery.cfg files for your Prepar3D installation which may be responsible for insertion point issues, however generally the insertion points should be working fine once set in the Orbx Central settings.

Archived