Anyone elses XP-11 slow to load this morning?/ Skagit

TigerTigerM

XP-11.35 was running normally last night.

This morning it is taking about 5x longer to load, [seems to get stuck at 383.4mb loaded], then CTD when I start changing view in loaded aircraft.

Has there been a Win10 or XP update overnight?

Anyone else having issues?

I am loath to mention this, but the only change I made this morning before starting XP was to D/L & install KBVS Skagit.

I am not pointing the finger at Skagit, but trying to figure out what has changed to cause the disruption to XP. I uninstalled Skagit but the situation persists.

If anyone else has installed Skagit, could they advise whether XP is running ok, or if they have had issues? Then I can hopefully  eliminate Skagit as the issue.

Thanks

TTM

Isn't Skagit the first one to feature the new NatureFlow, PeopleFlow and TextureFlow code?

I wonder if there's an issue with that.... I don't have it myself...... is it possible to turn them off in control panel? If so, maybe try that

18 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Update - PC appears to have settled down & I was able to reinstall & run Skagit.

Very nice airfield.

TTM

It is possible you had software running/downloading in the background at the time you ran Xplane.

I find that if there are unXplained drops in performance it is worthwhile popping into task manager to see what is eating resources to ensure Xplane is the issue

Archived