X-Plane 11 VS PreparV4.5 Etc.....

Hello all,

I was just wondering I am seeing a lot of X-plane stuff being put out by Orbx.. I am not complaining but just confused. I stopped using FSX because preparV4 was the latest and greatest and the 64 bit was the talk of the town. I watched an interview with JV and some of his staff on FSelite interview at one of the recent flightsim ex-po.. I have been seeing a lot of X-plane stuff being released I do no t use X-plane and actually have never used it but here lately a lot of X-plane stuff is popping on Orbx website .. I also think I heard JV say that the X-plane market financials were very profitable if that is the new thing do I need to abandon prepar and move over to X-plane. Or is Orbx waiting for the new FSX to come out to see where they are heading. Any tips thanks...

I think we're fortunate to have so many sims now.  P3D 4.5, XP11, AFS2, and the forthcoming MSFS 2020.  But I don't want this to denigrate into one of those "my sim is better than your sim" because the thread will get locked.

I have both XP and P3D and find they both have their strong suits, I like them both.  I wish XP had some things P3D has and vice versa.

As long as I can afford it I'll be buying every release Orbx makes, I make no bones about it, I love the stuff Orbx makes.

As for the new MSFS I think the last thing I read was JV was just as surprised as we were when it was announced, and it'll be interesting to see if Orbx develops for it, if they're even allowed to.

Just my observations and 2 cents :D

Both sims have their strong suit Orbx has been developing scenery for FSX, P3d for a long time now so i can understand why there is a lot of XP11 scenery coming out. They have a lot of catching up to do to match the sort of numbers they pushed out with P3D

For me P3D is very strong with the Australian scenery so i am sticking to that platform for a while to come or until that particular are gets a lot more professional level scenery.

Plus I think that with so much Orbx items like Airports out for P3D, it, I was going to say easy but I’m sure it’s not but you know what I mean to transfer what they have, convert was what I was looking for, over to Xplane. Probably easier to convert items than design new items. Derek.

I have X-Plane 11, Prepar3D and MS FSX, but mostly fly only X-Plane 11 (TE) and Prepar3D (Australia v2) and over orthophoto scenery of the Czech Republic and Slovakia. We have about 150 semi-professionally made scenery for both Republics. It is not clear that this or that simulator is better. Everybody has their advantages and disadvantages.

cheers

Karoly

Archived