Massive Trench - (not a) Vector Issue

scottb613

Hi Normand,

Thanks so much for looking - I've crossed it a number of times - finally decided to report it... I have Global Vector and OLC NA installed as well...

Yeah - I would suspect Vector...

Nice evening for a flight in the A2A Piper Cherokee - KPOU to KVSF for me - both ORBX Freeware improved...

Regards,

Scott

Hello  Jeff,

thanks again.

Hello Scott.

Here it is again in P3D v4 as well, with no products from anyone installed at all.

It looks like a visit to the P3D forum is in order.:)

Hopefully they will not ask you to reach out to the developer of your addon.

3.jpg

Typically, Vector does not produce anomalies like this, 99.9% of the time, they are either a mesh anomaly, as in this case, or a product incompatibility.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Massive Trench - (not a) Vector Issue

I think perhaps the original default Mesh data may have been miss interpolated for this one, displaying as a trench. Strangely enough in GE there are a number of parallel Rifts (12) in the image (below) oriented North/South, spreading East/West. These GE parallel Rifts must be Satellite Photo anomalies.
In the pic below Red arrow (Rift2) is the location of the trench in our pictures, but there are no similar trenches in the sim on this alignment at any other parallel location, as shown in GE data anomaly. Must have been an MS/ACES oversight or SRTM data misinterpretation not noticed until now.

Rifts-1-12-N-S-E-W.jpg

Hi Jeff and Nick,

C'mon guys - we need a disclaimer on this thread (Warning Bare Naked Default LC Textures Posted - Viewer Discretion is Advised) - there could be children present - wow - I forgot just how ugly "default" truly is - what a stark reminder...

:) 

Thanks for taking the time and giving me a good vector - yep - I see it's certainly present on default - if I knew a simple way to completely disable all my ORBX stuff - I would have tried it myself before posting...

I doubt LM will do anything - been a few years since I've used "SBuilder" - maybe I'll have to break it out myself and see if I can either find better mesh data or create some "flattens" to fill the trench... I fly over it quite often and as you can see - it's an immersion killer in some otherwise very beautiful country...

Have a good day...

Note: Jeff - for some reason I can't see your images...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes, default can be confronting, (Viewer discretion notices should be posted or at least a UGR banner) counselling is available should you have a need, group therapy sessions held every second Tuesday. Shall I book you in or would you like to attend incognito.

"Can't see my images", that is strange indeed (apologies for sure) how very rude of me Scott (links Only posted below). I am using IE11 and the images are Hosted through Postimage.org  I am able to see them on the page in each post, I can even see them using other browsers FireFox and Chrome, I'm also not aware of any restrictions being applied.
Are others not seeing my posted pictures also?
What browser are you using? Have you cleared your browser cache lately? Have you tried a F5 page refresh.

Do you see place holders, links, or nothing at all?

Here are the links only for my pictures:
Post#4   https://postimg.cc/94DFdDzc
Post#6   https://postimg.cc/tZKfgtrn

Archived