Vector Config Not Recognizing FSX

gsand

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro

Simulator:  FSX

Screenshot:  9tjmn3d.png

Issue:  Fresh install of FSX, Global Base, Vector and OLC NA. P3D4.5 also installed with Global, Vector, OLC NA. FSX and P3D on separate dedicated drives. Vector AEC only recognizes P3D4, no FSX selection possible.

Thanks for any help.

Gerald

central.log

Sorry but bumping this up. Re-installed more than several times, direct started Vector Control Panel from Vector folder and still it does not recognize my FSX install. Deinstalled again until this is resolved.

Please, anyone have any ideas at all?

Thanks,

Gerald

13 hours ago, gsand said:

Sorry but bumping this up. Re-installed more than several times, direct started Vector Control Panel from Vector folder and still it does not recognize my FSX install. Deinstalled again until this is resolved.

Please, anyone have any ideas at all?

Thanks,

Gerald

Hello,

in the case of Orbx Central, there is no change to the function of the Vector control panel at all.

Therefore the problem is not Orbx Central but the Vector control panel itself.

However, it cannot find FSX unless there are registry entries to tell it where FSX is.

This topic will allow you to test and reset as necessary.

Hi Nick and Doug,

Thanks for getting back to me. Registry entries have never been the problem, at least for Central 3 and 4. I have successfully installed into FSX on my H drive Global, OLC NA, Buildings, Trees, all 7 NA Regions and about half of my 20+ airports. All are working fine with no issues. Additionally, every re-install of Vector has all of the AEC airports in the proper folder. If I do a manual airport entry it shows up on the disabled side and is also working properly in the sim. Last time I re-installed I also removed Vector from P3D to see if that would help but Vector still shows P3D only on the drop down list, which is always grayed out. I also tried running the Vector config direct from the folder in FSX with the same result:

AbrMPHb.png

Of note is that Lights Config has no issues:

qXQfjKT.png

So to me the issue is with the Vector Config itself. I'm just pushing on and living with the bad airports for now, fixing them as I find them. But, still not resolved yet. Latest central log attached. Thanks again.

Best,

Gerald

central.log

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Therefore the problem is not Orbx Central but the Vector control panel itself.

Hello,

you should not expect a drop down menu in the Vector Control panel.

If installed into P3D v4 and run from within P3D v4 then it should show P3D v4.

If installed into FSX and run from FSX it should show FSX.

7.jpg

However, it will not do so if the registry entry is missing

8.jpg

Nick,

I ran the V2 fix you sent and V2 found FSX without me doing anything. I ran your fix anyway. Central 3 and 4 have always found FSX and installed fine into FSX. Everything is working and displaying great in FSX. So I don't see how this is a problem with my Registry?

The Vector control panel was presented to us as it is.

My knowledge of it is based only on mine and customers' experiences with it.

I have never seen it open for P3D if opened in the FSX folder or vice versa.

I have seen customer try to use the same shortcut for both versions and find

that it always opens for the same simulator.

I'm not using any shortcuts, only through Central 4 or by directly selecting the .exe in each sims Vector folder. It always shows P3D4 only. Right now I have Vector uninstalled in P3D4 and Vector still shows P3D4 only, even when selecting within the FSX insall.

Mark this one closed and thanks for your efforts. I'm not reinstalling FSX for this so I'll live with it.

Gerald

Archived