LOWI Axams Church

dasrelict

Dear Orbx Team,

is it possible that the Axams Church as a important Landmark is only visible with Maximum Objects? Coz i run my Xplane with High Objects and i couldnt i find it and with Max Objects there was a building that looks like that church.

Regrets

Hi guys, 

Yes unfortunately our P3D/FSX version of this church (and the second church a little further down the road) slipped through the net during final testing - rest assured it will be included in an upcoming service pack. Apologies for the oversight - I know many of you are very keen to see this included, and our generic church representation is most certainly not enough! 

Cheers,

Jarrad

On 8/9/2019 at 8:04 PM, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi guys, 

Yes unfortunately our P3D/FSX version of this church (and the second church a little further down the road) slipped through the net during final testing - rest assured it will be included in an upcoming service pack. Apologies for the oversight - I know many of you are very keen to see this included, and our generic church representation is most certainly not enough! 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hello @Jarrad Marshall

When you add the Axams church in the upcoming service pack, will you please add it in such a way that it will be visible independent of how you have the 'Number of World Objects' slider in X-Plane set? Or at least don't require people to have that slider set to Max?

I do all my flying in VR and to save some FPS and help me getting a smoother experience, I keep that slider set to 'Medium'. I also keep it set to 'Medium' since I have all of Europe covered in Ortho4XP ZL17 and don't really fancy generic (and thus unrealistic) autogen.

17 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Hello @Jarrad Marshall

When you add the Axams church in the upcoming service pack, will you please add it in such a way that it will be visible independent of how you have the 'Number of World Objects' slider in X-Plane set? Or at least don't require people to have that slider set to Max?

I do all my flying in VR and to save some FPS and help me getting a smoother experience, I keep that slider set to 'Medium'. I also keep it set to 'Medium' since I have all of Europe covered in Ortho4XP ZL17 and don't really fancy generic (and thus unrealistic) autogen.

The assured way to have the Axams visible is to use the  addon download I posted a link to. I had inadvertently set my World Objects to Medium and there were hardly any houses or buildings showing, but definitely Axams was there more or less on it's own. So I know it will be visible with lower that max settings. It's a good model although I don't know what Orbx' model will look like.

44 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

The assured way to have the Axams visible is to use the  addon download I posted a link to. I had inadvertently set my World Objects to Medium and there were hardly any houses or buildings showing, but definitely Axams was there more or less on it's own. So I know it will be visible with lower that max settings. It's a good model although I don't know what Orbx' model will look like.

Thanks for the suggestion but I decided to keep away from anything that requires extra scenery libraries to work.

10 hours ago, Mark Bond said:

I tried the addon but gave me an error. Can you explain where in the. Ini it goes?. There are multiple orbx lowi entries. Does it go below all of them? 

I have placed my copy just above Global Airports. It could possibly go below Global airports but above the LOWI orthos but I just leave it where it is as I know it appears when placed there in the .ini. and it doesn't interfere with anything else.

I don't know what "error" you are getting, but it may be one regarding some lighting not being found. Just ignore it as it has no effect except maybe at night. The scenery does also require that opensceneryX is installed in your sim.

Archived