FTX England not appearing even though it is installed.

Hello, I have recently switched to a new pc which meant i had to reinstall all my games.

On discovering that my backed up OrbX scenery .zips were not detected by FTXCentral (and needed to be downloaded again) i realised that FTX England does not appear in my scenery library.

All the rest of my OrbX scenery appears and is selectable, but England says it is installed and up to date but is not visible upon loading Scenery Config Editor with the others (which appear no problem).

The strange thing is that EU England appears under F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU but is not added to the scenery config!
Can anyone help me please? I really want to get back in the sky with my favourite scenery!

Thank you for your time.

Hi Nick, thank you for posting.

I have no idea what is going on then as i simply do not have England appear in SCE at all as it did for you (and has for me in the past), i scrolled all the way to the bottom and it is just the stock scenery.

I am using the latest version of SCE.

SCE.thumb.png.69520db1666aac35e08611784b1f45e5.png

Edit: I managed to point it at F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU folder and it imported them! I don't know why this did not happen automatically like it did on my last PC.

I just needed to edit the area/group to remove the friendly prefix.

As far as i know it is using the only one i have in the correct location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.cfg.

It is the only one i have but there is the possibility i screwed up the install somehow, as i had to restart the download a few times as i was trying to get FTXCentral to use my back ups which apparently didn't work as it redownloaded them all.

Edit: I just checked the Scenery.cfg file in the above location and England is not in there again even though SCE and FTXC says it is.

Edit: Now it is in there again! i think my computer is haunted!

I will just leave it alone and hopefully it will work.

Archived