Wrong version of P3D appears in Central

zinj

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  W10 Home

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5

Screenshot:  t1cwjBN.jpg

Issue:  When I launched "orbx-central-4.0.0.exe" at the first time, I choosed P3Dv4 but when installed, only v1 appears and I can't change that. Also, when I try to "Resynchronise Simulator" there is the error message "An error occured..."

Thanks for your help.

central.log

Hello zinj,

je ne sais pas si ça va t'aider mais je n'ai aucun dossier "Lockheed Martin" dans la section "WOW6432Node"

Le dossier "Lockheed Martin" chez moi est dans "...\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin", il y est bien indiqué le chemin de Prepar3D v.4.

Hello zinj, 
I don't know if this will help you, but I don't have any "Lockheed Martin" folders in the "WOW6432Node" section. 
The "Lockheed Martin" folder in my computer is in"...HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin", it clearly indicates the path of Prepar3D v.4. 

Yes, if you are not comfortable, then please do not touch the registry.

As mentioned, that looks OK in any case.

There is another P3D entry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4,

perhaps take a look there and make sure that the SetupPath there is the same

but again, do not touch.

Well, as for others, the update did not work, then you said that the problem was fixed and that the update started automatically. So I opened Central (in administrator mode) the update started but my computer crashed.
After rebooting, I re-downloaded the exe (4.0.4) from the ORBX site. The installation starts but stops quickly with this message:

DEOHqv8.jpg

Unable to solve the problem...:(

Guest Josh Koz

Hi zinj,

Can you attach your central.log file so we can look into the cause of your issue? Also are you currently using any anti-virus software?

Hi Josh,

Since I could not solve these problems, I returned to version 3.
But now, everything is mixed in the scenery library. The textures are superimposed. I do not know how to put all this back in order...
I will try again later for Central.

Regards
zinj

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @zinj,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If you are using Orbx Central v4.0.10, we've made quite a few improvements.

I'd recommend going to Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator - that should resolve a few of the issues that we've fixed over the past few versions of Central.

Archived