Unable to install Global Base to FSX SE

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 Home 

Simulator:FSX SE  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Unable to install Global Base to FSX SE

I am having an issue installing Global Base to FSX SE. I do have Global Base successfully installed in P3DV4.51. The download stalls and will not restart at about 2 GBs. I have tried to manually install Global Base from my stored manually downloaded Zip file file but I just get the little wheel moving and eventually it will stop.

I havs a DSL connection and get an average download speed of 1.2 MBS. I have had to limit my nodes to 2 instead of 8  in IDM to prevent downloads from stalling. I wonder is that could be an issue with the new Central using all available nodes. I do not understand why it will not install from the manually downloaded zip file date 6/05/2017.

Please advise,

Greg

central.log

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Unable to install Global Base to FSX SE
10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you will not be able to use your old download because the product has been updated.

If a product has been updated, Orbx Central will then install from the servers.

Thanks Nick!

I will try manually downloading the new Global file.

Greg

11 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi Greg,

Just a heads up that the manual download link on the website is not the Orbx Central compatible version. We've made a note of this issue and will have it arranged to be fixed.

In the meantime, I've sent you a PM with the Orbx Central manual download link for Global Base.

Ok that is why the file I downloaded yesterday does not work. I will try the one in the PM.

Thanks,

Greg

13 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi Greg,

Just a heads up that the manual download link on the website is not the Orbx Central compatible version. We've made a note of this issue and will have it arranged to be fixed.

In the meantime, I've sent you a PM with the Orbx Central manual download link for Global Base.

May I have a link to that as well please.  As i am unable to un-install Global Base.  Transition to the new ORBX Central has caused a quite a few issues which I am having to pains-takingly  resolve.  Not how I was planning to spend my day off.

Cheers

Archived