Canberra CityScape

16 minutes ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

We've been changing lots of things, so can't say for sure what fixed it for you. Either way, I'm glad its working for you now!

Thanks Mitchell, that's the only thing that has changed on my PC, the updated Central.  A few hours ago before the update I had the black buildings.

• 3 weeks later...

How did you fix the 7 black buildings in Canberra. I've reinstalled it, verified it, but still have the same 7 black buildings (see pic). Seems its the Barton Building and the Russell Offices. I checked the texture directory and there are dds files with those names on them. Anything else that can be done?

Canberra Black Buildings.jpg

Hello M.  I recently had the same problem.

A few questions.

1) Do you have the new Central installed?

2) Do you have the new Australia v2 installed?

For now please do this:

Run Central

Click on Settings

Click on Help

Click on Sync Simulator

THEN go back to Canberra CityScape and IF you have version 2 installed put a check in “Orbx Australia Version 2 Installed”

And then finally, Verify Files.

Post back with your answers/results.

Best regards.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I'm running Central V4.06 and have Australia V2 installed and checked in both CityScape and Airport sceneries

Ran Central, Synced Sim successfully.

Ran the sim, no change 7 black buildings.

Deactivated Cityscape in the sims options/addon menu: no buildings at all, as expected.

Reactivated Cityscape and deactivated Airport scenery in the sims Options/Addon menu. Viola, 7 textured buildings.

Reactivated Airport scenery again,. Back to 7 black buildings

So, we have a conflict between the Cityscape and the Airport sceneries.

Had a rummage around in the airports scenery directory and changed the name of CANBERRAbuildings.bgl to CANBERRAbuildings.bgl.OFF, as there is a file of the same name which is both larger and newer in the Cityscape Scenery directory and now have the 7 buildings textured.

A work around until ORBx can update it.

regards

Mike

38 minutes ago, mschwartz said:

Hi Jack,

I'm running Central V4.06 and have Australia V2 installed and checked in both CityScape and Airport sceneries

Ran Central, Synced Sim successfully.

Ran the sim, no change 7 black buildings.

Deactivated Cityscape in the sims options/addon menu: no buildings at all, as expected.

Reactivated Cityscape and deactivated Airport scenery in the sims Options/Addon menu. Viola, 7 textured buildings.

Reactivated Airport scenery again,. Back to 7 black buildings

So, we have a conflict between the Cityscape and the Airport sceneries.

Had a rummage around in the airports scenery directory and changed the name of CANBERRAbuildings.bgl to CANBERRAbuildings.bgl.OFF, as there is a file of the same name which is both larger and newer in the Cityscape Scenery directory and now have the 7 buildings textured.

A work around until ORBx can update it.

regards

Mike

There's a pinned topic in the support forum about this, the advice is to delete any duplicated scenery files, from the airport folder I think would be the one.

Unfortunately, for people who buy one or other of the products but not both, those duplicated files are part of the packages so it's not possible just to remove them from one of the installers.

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

There's a pinned topic in the support forum about this, the advice is to delete any duplicated scenery files, from the airport folder I think would be the one.

Unfortunately, for people who buy one or other of the products but not both, those duplicated files are part of the packages so it's not possible just to remove them from one of the installers.

It would be great to have an option in the Configurator for the product(s) to enable/disable the files as needed.

4 hours ago, John Dow said:

That's very odd John.  Mine had the same black buildings and then Central was updated.  Now it's fine.  Curious.

Archived