XP11 - Monument Valley Mesh Issue Conflict with Ortho Scenery

I am having a conflict with my Utah Ortho Scenery and Monument Valley Scenery. This conflict affects one tile of ortho, which is a big area. The ortho becomes suppressed and shows default scenery for this one tile area.

If I move my Orbx MV mesh higher up (toward the top in scenery.ini)  in priority it prevents my Ortho from displaying, If I drop Orbx MV mesh lower down (near the bottom of the scenery.ini) I have Orbx MV mountain objects floating in the air above my Ortho scenery but my ortho shows correctly.

The challange is where to actually place the Orbx mesh for MV?

I am using freeware X-Plane 11 HD Mesh Scenery v4 by AlpilotX for this area.

Any insight into how to manage the scenery priority for MV in XP11 would be appreciated and not cause a conflict with ortho scenery which is set lower in scenery.ini.

Bryan

:lol: Well now another senior moment. What in heck was I thinking?

Thanks.

Although I was hoping someone from Orbx would actually know how to handle their mesh layer placed into the scenery.ini.

You can only have one mesh active at any one time in X-Plane for a given area, and this is a limitation of X-Plane and not something we can control.

Monument Valley includes its own mesh tile (that removes monument valley and uses a 3D object instead) and Ortho4XP also creates its own mesh so sadly both can't be active at the same time and work together nicely without applying the same changes also to your Ortho4XP tile.

On 8/6/2019 at 2:37 PM, Tony Wroblewski said:

You can only have one mesh active at any one time in X-Plane for a given area, and this is a limitation of X-Plane and not something we can control.

Monument Valley includes its own mesh tile (that removes monument valley and uses a 3D object instead) and Ortho4XP also creates its own mesh so sadly both can't be active at the same time and work together nicely without applying the same changes also to your Ortho4XP tile.

Finally, greatly appreciated you explaining this Tony....I tried all sorts of things and could not get a change to how this was displayed.

So wondering two things how does one actually make or get a workaround? And also then, if there is not reasonable workaround I would suggest that the "manual" or other info about this type of product should "mention" potential conflicts of this nature; especially now that "we" know that this issue exists. The best thing about XP11 is ortho and overlays...I personally won't give that up for this small area. I would not have bought it if I knew beforehand that there was the potential for an ortho4xp conflict.

So then this might also show up say with Yosemite I suspect as well.

8 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

I've tagged @Frank Dainese who may be able to offer help on this... but I suspect it's not compatible or something easy to do.

Thank you sir!

I have not been able to put much time into workaround yet as well, real life keeps getting in the way.

And by the way, TE sceneries for XP are the best, really enjoying them! Replacing my own and stuff I have picked up from other sources.

Bryan

Actually there is a solution.

Perhaps this should be more widely known.

I just made it simple, going into the scenery.ini for XP11 I made the following amendment to the Orbx Monument Valley mesh.

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a - England - EGVG RAF Woodbridge dkm 1.2 excGA/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a - Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen - Airport/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ZZZ_Orbx_KCGX_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KACK_C_remesh/
SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/Orbx_MV_Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a - Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen - Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a - Aerosoft - ENSH Svolvaer/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a - Aerosoft - ENSH Svolvaer - Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a - Aerosoft - ENVY Vaeroy/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a - Aerosoft - ENVY Vaeroy - Mesh/

There are two ways to disable scenery layers in XP11+...one can simple drag the scenery layer and move it to the folder provided called  Custom Scenery (Disabled)

OR Rename the layer as above adding "_DISABLED" to the file location. This is my preferred method.

Once I disabled the Orbx mesh, then the ortho and the HD mesh I have installed take priority and everything works perfectly.

I should note that there is another option that I have not tried, and this is, to disable the HD mesh I have installed, but this is not really a great option as it will lower the resolution of the mesh overall and this affects a wide variety of other aspects of landclass - the visual appeal of the terrain.

Bryan

Archived