Stapleford Cliffs in X Plane 11

paulk

I have just updated to ORBX Central and it advised me that an update for Stapleford was required.

I downloaded and installed it, but now appear to have cliffs round the airfield.

Anyone else noticed this. ( It is the top entry in my Scenery List)

Cessna_172SP - 2019-07-27 20.55.59.png

Cessna_172SP - 2019-07-27 20.57.29.png

Hi

I have just carried out verification of TE GB South and Stapleford Airport. Updates were applied but I still have the cliffs.

I would really appreciate if someone could confirm if they have the same or a possible fix.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, paulk said:

Hi

I have just carried out verification of TE GB South and Stapleford Airport. Updates were applied but I still have the cliffs.

I would really appreciate if someone could confirm if they have the same or a possible fix.

Thanks

I am trying to assist but really need the coordinates so I can check properly.

Hi Thanks for your reply. Just dep from stapleford airfield and fly around it’s perimeter. The road that goes along the back of the hangar once it is past the airfield drops off a cliff either side. The airfield is so small you should see it. If not let me know and I will try and get coordinates when I am next at home.

Thanks for reply and trying to assist.

50 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Do you have the "runways follow terrain" checked inside your settings?

Yes i do Tony, but don't know about paulk. I have disabled the Runways follow terrain option and the result is the same. I attach a pic for your review. So to summarise, the big dip is visible with the Runways follow terrain option enabled or disabled. Back to you Guru :)

Capture.thumb.JPG.88be3eb9cc3dce565542574d91eaf841.JPG

Please try this patch

apt.dat

Download this file and copy into Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGSG_A_Stapleford/Earth nav Data and overwrite the file that's there

This gets rid of the flattening on the airport, it does get rid of the big bump as above, but the road near to the airport is a bit bumpy in exchange.

Hi Tony

Thanks for your input.

The file you have provided is a much welcome improvement. It has helped fix the cliffs at ESGS.

Sadly it has caused some scenery to now over hang (fences) at one end of the airfield. 

May I ask if this is a permanent fix or temporary until a full patch / update  is released.

Thanks again.

Archived