LDDU | GSX fuel truck trailer submerged in terrain

49 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it seems highly unlikely but perhaps another GSX user can help you out.

Perhaps you can ask at your GSX forum what aspect of LDDU is breaking

the GSX model and why that might be?

Hi Nick,

this is what they replied to my question in their forum:

"Then the whole scenery has been made in some unusual way, possibly like Aerosoft LPMA, which required a special fix for GSX, maybe this one is unusual in a more unusual way that LPMA."

Regards,
Stu

Hi there, ive done some testing for you.  I dont see nothing like you see, in fact one of them is perfect, however their seems to be some variation between the 2.  The first picture is with all static models enabled, and the second is with static models disabled, you will notice with that one that trailer wheels are slightly sunk in the ground.

Are you running a GSX level 2 ini file? have you tried rebuilding your airport cache?

Static models on

QE9EhJO.png

Static models off

W9btZB0.png

1 hour ago, jd_jay said:

Are you running a GSX level 2 ini file? have you tried rebuilding your airport cache?

Thanks for taking the time to test this. 

I don't run a special ini for LDDU (is there one around?) and I have since rebuilt my cache several times. And I too have all static planes disabled plus I run the Vector Elevation Corrections regulary.

I also do not see this problem. With "Staticflow airline gates" off I see this:
2019-7-22_12-23-1-348.thumb.jpg.bdb1df46e299831652ce00c3f0a73cf9.jpg

But one interesting thing: using this config in the LDDU Control Panel:

2019-07-22_12h26_55.thumb.png.ac67b78171907f3f4184b611e5fecb38.png

GSX gives me an error about  missing the ORBX_LDDU_APX_WithStatics.bgl

Hello,

I would think that is perhaps because GSX has registered that that bgl exists and then the control panel has disabled it.

I wonder if GSX then needs to have its database updated to include the without statics bgl?

I doesn't look at all as if the airport is " made in some unusual way ".

Thanks for all the advice so far, I do not have GSX v2 and so cannot offer detailed advice.

5 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

And I too have all static planes disabled plus I run the Vector Elevation Corrections regulary.

Hello,

you don't need to run "Vector Elevation Corrections" except when adding a new airport or taking one away.

In either case, simply setting the required enabled or disabled AEC configuration for that one airport is quite enough.

22 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you don't need to run "Vector Elevation Corrections" except when adding a new airport or taking one away.

In either case, simply setting the required enabled or disabled AEC configuration for that one airport is quite enough.

Thanks Nick,

with "regulary" I meant as regulary as I purchase new airports ;):D

I will play around with some settings and test it again, maybe I'll find a combination that works....

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

GSX gives me an error about  missing the ORBX_LDDU_APX_WithStatics.bgl

If you switch about for testing or whatever then you have to manually restart coutal and rebuild the airport cache from the in sim drop down menu

Okay, something odd here:

When I set the scenery as shown below ("With statics", although I have the StaticFlows deactivated), the fuel truck is a) working normally and b) arriving/spawning from a different location. 

Now this would solve my problem, but when I do it this way, I don't have all the parking positions available (I guess because they are reserved for static a/c. But I don't want to have the static a/c, so I thing should switch off the option. But then the fuel truck is messed up....).

Any advise? 

screenshot1.thumb.jpg.6d2b840145199ab01967215600de68c6.jpg

On 7/23/2019 at 7:15 PM, Stu Antonio said:

Okay, something odd here:

When I set the scenery as shown below ("With statics", although I have the StaticFlows deactivated), the fuel truck is a) working normally and b) arriving/spawning from a different location. 

Now this would solve my problem, but when I do it this way, I don't have all the parking positions available (I guess because they are reserved for static a/c. But I don't want to have the static a/c, so I thing should switch off the option. But then the fuel truck is messed up....).

Any advise? 

screenshot1.thumb.jpg.6d2b840145199ab01967215600de68c6.jpg

Look at your selection, you have “with statics” selected but in the options above you have NO static models selected. Which as you say isn’t right at all. If you have no static models selected you should have “without static” models selected.  If you change that to be correct what do you then see.  As you can see from my images above, with or without static models selected I see nothing as bad as your trailer.  So I wonder how we can help narrow it down.

On 7/23/2019 at 7:15 PM, Stu Antonio said:

Any advise? 

Just a thought, once you have selected your desired settings for LDDU in central, once you have loaded up the sim and are o the ramp.  Have your tried restarting Coualt and re running the airport cache manually, from the drop down menu.  Also if after that the trailer is still sunk, bring up the edit parking space panel and tell us what it is saying the airport elevation is, and we will compare to ours, I say ours because someone may see it before me.

6 hours ago, jd_jay said:

Look at your selection, you have “with statics” selected but in the options above you have NO static models selected. Which as you say isn’t right at all. If you have no static models selected you should have “without static” models selected.  If you change that to be correct what do you then see.  As you can see from my images above, with or without static models selected I see nothing as bad as your trailer.  So I wonder how we can help narrow it down.

thanks, but i thinm you might have misunderstood me a little.

i know that the option goes together with the static aircraft, but I don't want static aircraft.

all i'm saying is that the option for static planes will give me a correct fuel truck trailer spawning from a different spot than without that option checked, where I get the messed up trailer spawning from the statkc baggage vehicle infront of pos 5. 

i did rebuilt the cache several times but i will check the elevation later. would be surprised to see something else than you though since all other vehicles inc,uding gsx and my aircraft are working perfectly.

1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

would be surprised to see something else than you though since all other vehicles inc,uding gsx and my aircraft are working perfectly.

This is the bit that has me really puzzled

Archived