Eyepoint problems after AUS ver 2 install.

Hi all,

I have a situation that has arisen after installing AUS ver 2 and applying all the various fixes as noted in the Orbx forums.

The situation is my eyepoint position in the virtual cockpit view rising vertically to about 2 metres above the cockpit all by itself and will not reset. It mainly happens in single seat aircraft but not all. Either payware or freeware aircraft ie does it in A2A's spitty but not in their Harvard or Piper Cub.

I have exhausted all avenues that I know of such as removing and reinstalling, disk cleans, registry fixes etc.

If anyone has encountered this or can suggest what else I could try I would be most greatfull.

Otherwise next step is totally removal and reinstall without AUS ver2 as this is where from the whole issue started from.

As a note to the Orbx team your scenery is superb but one issue I have come across that I have not seen mentioned in the forums is that when Wollongong (Orbx) is selected, FSX crashes - Totally.

The fix has been applied to the Wollongong file and it still crashes. It does not do it when AUS ver 2 is uninstalled and AUS ver 1 is installed.

Thanks in advance

Ian H

Well there's absolutely nothing in the ORBX scenery folder that could be affecting the eyepoint in an aircraft! 

The eyepoint position is determined by a line in the aircraft.cfg file, unless you're using EZCA Ezydock or a similar program.  Here's the line from the A2A Bonanza cfg: 

[Views]
eyepoint= -0.28, -0.88, 2.10     //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

EZCA has its own way of setting the viewpoint, but at any time you can go into the View menu in the sim and select the virtual cockpit view which will be the one from the cfg file.

Are these saved flights?  If so, try loading the sim from the default flight and selecting the aircraft type and scenery from there.

I don't know of anything in FSX that would cause an FSX crash at a scenery location, P3D will crash if an FS9 model is present but I don't believe FSX suffers from this.  Once again, have you tried loading the default flight and then building a flight at YWOL from there? 

Hello,

your suggestion that the anomaly is caused by installing the Australia v2 can

be easily tested by simply disabling it in the scenery library.

There are nine consecutive entries, all named FTXAUv2_x_xxxxxx.

You may be assured that installing any type of scenery from any developer cannot

possibly affect the eyepoint in an aircraft of any kind, whether default or addon.

A effect across the board, as you describe is far more likely to be as the result of a

change made to the cameras.cfg file.

Thanks guys. I will check out the camera cfg files and see if I can find any discrepancies. Also do not have any camera addons.

As strange as my problem is, it really only occurred as I was trying to update to Ver 2. All I can think of is during all installing, uninstalling and applying fixes something has corrupted files in my FSX-SE. The only other patch I installed was Fixer for Ozx files.

John, I can fly to WOL but cannot start from there as FSX simply crashes. The YWOL crashing problem was for your information in case there was a wider problem. If it’s localised to me I can live with that.

Once again thank you for your help and direction.

Ian H

Hi Nick,

My crash detection is always set  to off as that is a requirement for flying online with Vatsim, however I do understand where you coming from. In that scenario the flight crashes and resets but FSX is still running, in my case FSX itself crashes.

I have also checked the aircraft cfg files as shown by John and cannot see any problems but I am not a computer programmer so I could miss something.

I will reinstall the affected aircraft in the hope that it fixes the eyepoint issue and return my scenery to AUS ver 1 until the official updates for Ver 2 are rolled out via Orbx Central as per Graham Ecclestons post in the Release Announcements forum.

Many thanks for your help but it is obvious that my system has either conflicting files or corrupted files which I have no idea how to find.

Ian H

Hello,

thanks.

I have identified the problem and attached a replacement file.

Please set the control panel to Australia v2 off, like this:

1.jpg

Then download the attached file and copy and paste it into

ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YWOL\Scenery, allowing it to overwrite.

Once done, please reset the control panel to Australia v2 installed (ticked) and

the problem will have gone away.

ORBX_YWOL_AFX_AUv2.bgl.OFF

Archived