Aus v2 gone black

Haven't done much flying since installing Aus v2. Today approaching the Gold Coast YBCG noticed the textures have gone wacko, black buildings and blurred ground textures. Running Win10 P3D v4.5.

Could I  have some help with this please. Pics attached.

612533235_GoldCoastBLACK.thumb.JPG.500ef46dd553a56ac0743ae10fe7f9ce.JPG

2036540783_GoldCoastBLACK2.thumb.JPG.be1f07ab7cbd156efbae3f61a4f4fcea.JPG

1374807876_GoldCoastBLACK3.thumb.JPG.b180d2825d886fbb9c377f05a886f149.JPG

Thanks

Don 

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me. That's pretty disappointing, my computer is pretty new, 6 months old.  I explained to the tech what I wanted it for an he assured me  it would do the job no problem.

My specs are: Intel S1151 i5 8400 2.8GHz 6 core CPU 16GBDDR4 RAM, Graphics:  Nvidia GTX1080 8GB Windforce OC PCle    Is this a not going to be able to keep up with the software ORBX is putting out - as in AU v2 ?

Where do I need to upgrade?  

Don 

The i5 8400 is sure going to struggle flying west of the Gold Coast, especially if the Gold Coast city is installed.

The i5 8400K would have been a better deal, as it is unlocked and can be pushed to 4.8 ghz. 

You don't say what frequency the RAM is running at, good RAM at 3.6 ghz does the trick too.

I guess your tech is right about other games, but FSX and P3D are dependent on high CPU and RAM speeds, graphics cards, not so much, but your 1080 should be adequate.

Chris.

23 hours ago, Chris.D said:

The i5 8400 is sure going to struggle flying west of the Gold Coast, especially if the Gold Coast city is installed.

The i5 8400K would have been a better deal, as it is unlocked and can be pushed to 4.8 ghz. 

You don't say what frequency the RAM is running at, good RAM at 3.6 ghz does the trick too.

I guess your tech is right about other games, but FSX and P3D are dependent on high CPU and RAM speeds, graphics cards, not so much, but your 1080 should be adequate.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for helping out, I'm afraid with computers I'm pretty hopeless and have to get help where I can. Got into them too late in life to become very knowledgeable.

My RAM is : 16GB DDR4 G.Skill (2x8GB) F4-3000Mhz Ripjaws 4 RAM that's the full description that I have. I think that's a  bit below what you have told me in your post. I feel pretty unhappy as my tech knew what I wanted and what I was doing. My rig is only a bit over six months old. How do I know/tell about the "turbo" Nick mentioned. 

Don

At the moment, the 3000mhz (3ghz) RAM would be OK with the CPU running at 2.8 ghz.

As you bump up the CPU overclock, the RAM speed limits the data throughput, thus throttling the overall output. 

Read here  https://www.lifewire.com/pc-memory-speed-and-latency-832450

The speed of the memory will determine the rate at which the CPU can process data. The higher the clock rating on the memory, the faster the system is able to read and write information from the memory. All memory is rated at a specific clock rate in megahertz that the memory interface talks to the CPU with. Newer memory classifying methods are now starting to refer to them based on the theoretical data bandwidth that the memory supports which can be confusing.

Or read here  https://www.howtogeek.com/303455/how-does-ram-speed-and-timing-affect-my-pcs-performance/

Also, I have reduced the timings on my RAM a couple of clock cycles so the CPU doesn't have to hang around waiting for data to be returned.  This controls the overall latency of the CPU / RAM exchanges of data.

Chris.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, Chris.D said:

At the moment, the 3000mhz (3ghz) RAM would be OK with the CPU running at 2.8 ghz.

As you bump up the CPU overclock, the RAM speed limits the data throughput, thus throttling the overall output. 

Read here  https://www.lifewire.com/pc-memory-speed-and-latency-832450

Or read here  https://www.howtogeek.com/303455/how-does-ram-speed-and-timing-affect-my-pcs-performance/

Also, I have reduced the timings on my RAM a couple of clock cycles so the CPU doesn't have to hang around waiting for data to be returned.  This controls the overall latency of the CPU / RAM exchanges of data.

Chris.

Thanks for taking the time to offer advice, but that's all  Chinese to me. Sorry for the slow reply, hut I've been ill and not near a computer. 

Hello Don,

no, I don't think so.

As I mentioned, in theory your processor boosts itself up to 4 ghz.

My suggestion was to first install HWInfo64 and see if this is actually happening.

With all due respect to the deep technical comments about RAM, don't worry about that.

Archived