EGNX with low and unstable frame rate

Dario

I am experiencing very low and unstable frame rates with Midlands. I own all ORBX products for X Plane and never seen something like this. I removed the static planes, and the problem persists. The frame rate I have for other airports in TE GB is around 50 or 60. For Midlands, maximum 28 fps, with constant drops to 10 when I move my head with TrackIR. 

I am also experiencing terribly low frame rates with EGNX. Does not happen with any other ORBX scenery for XP11, not even flying over Seattle. I think there is real problem going on here. 

I wonder if we could have more tweaking options for this scenery (with or without static cars, with or without dynamic lights, etc).I will not miss hundreds of ultra detailed cars with plate numbers and everything. But good FPS is essential. It’s a go/no go. 

Nothing? I am thinking about deleting this scenery at all... the worst performing scenery I have ever bought. I wish I could get my money back, I really see this scenery as a “defective” product, once it is totally unusable. 

Hello,

I have rolled all your comments into this one topic.

I regret that you are having trouble with this product.

Possibly the developers might be able to add a control panel

to switch more features but as I am not such a developer, I

have asked for you.

For the record, I do not see the same problems and my system

is apparently unaffected by any of the product features and can

maintain an acceptable frame rate.

48 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have rolled all your comments into this one topic.

I regret that you are having trouble with this product.

Possibly the developers might be able to add a control panel

to switch more features but as I am not such a developer, I

have asked for you.

For the record, I do not see the same problems and my system

is apparently unaffected by any of the product features and can

maintain an acceptable frame rate.

Thank you for your response, @Nick Cooper. This control panel with more options is mandatory for this scenery. I own dozens of ORBX sceneries for P3d, Aerofly and XP11 and really love them all. And this is the ONLY scenery that really needs to be enhanced and needs corrections. It is really unusable, and my PC is a very powerful one. Thanks again. 

26 minutes ago, Dario said:

Thank you for your response, @Nick Cooper. This control panel with more options is mandatory for this scenery. I own dozens of ORBX sceneries for P3d, Aerofly and XP11 and really love them all. And this is the ONLY scenery that really needs to be enhanced and needs corrections. It is really unusable, and my PC is a very powerful one. Thanks again. 

I was having similar problems to you and I Googled the problem and the advice was to delete the contents of the Output/preferences folder.  That worked a miracle for me, the airport I was testing went from 2fps in some angles to the mid teens, and EGNX is smooth for me.  The price you pay is you have to reset a few things like addons and controls but it's worth it.  Well it was for me.

6 hours ago, John Dow said:

I was having similar problems to you and I Googled the problem and the advice was to delete the contents of the Output/preferences folder.  That worked a miracle for me, the airport I was testing went from 2fps in some angles to the mid teens, and EGNX is smooth for me.  The price you pay is you have to reset a few things like addons and controls but it's worth it.  Well it was for me.

Hi @John Dow ! Thanks for the message. I tried this procedure today, but for me it didn't work. I still get something around 25 FPS with constant drops to 5 FPS at EGNX. It is impossible to move the head around with TrackIR with this ultra low frame rate. 

At Goodwood, for example, I get 30-45 FPS, without any drop below this. 

I am eagerly waiting for a solution given by ORBX. My PC is a middle to high end one. I fly without any problems around all other ORBX GB airports (always 30-60 FPS), and also get excellent FPS at TE Washington (also 30-60 FPS). But EGNX is driving me crazy.... :( 

I just ran a test at EGNX using the following settings and the default Cessna 172.  The frame rates did not drop below 30 during several left and right close-in circuits including directly over the car park behind the terminal.   There was no stuttering, a couple of millisecond lags during the first circuits, and frame rates were pretty steady at 30-32 fps.XPlane2.thumb.jpg.4056a8f86ae70b32fef7c2b6d0e73c84.jpg

5 hours ago, John Dow said:

I just ran a test at EGNX using the following settings and the default Cessna 172.  The frame rates did not drop below 30 during several left and right close-in circuits including directly over the car park behind the terminal.   There was no stuttering, a couple of millisecond lags during the first circuits, and frame rates were pretty steady at 30-32 fps.XPlane2.thumb.jpg.4056a8f86ae70b32fef7c2b6d0e73c84.jpg

Thanks for the response,  @John Dow I did some testing now with your suggested settings, and the scenery ran without problems around 30-40 FPS, without any FPS drops. Am I losing too much with these settings compared with the settings recommended by John Venema for TE GB?

4 minutes ago, John Dow said:

I dobn't see any real difference between the settings in the Orbx airports... I think most of the scenery items hold up pretty weoll despite the lower settings.

Thank you very much indeed for your help, @John Dow! Problem solved then! :)  I was already considering to delete the scenery and forget about it, now it is working perfectly.

Archived