Bug Report EGNT Approach Lights way to high

As I got no reply to my last post, I will try again using Bug Report in the title.

I have installed the latest SP for TE Central and fully expected the problem to be resolved as it was "Noted in Dec 2018"

See

Hi Ian,

Only reply I got from Orbx was as below.

As you know the scenery is great and the light being high is not a big deal.

I am just miffed at getting no updates since December 2018 from Orbx.

There is not too much we can do about this without making our own version of EGNT. This is a default EGNT airport and the lights are being made too big because of the mesh.. I'll see if I can hack away at the default airport and change the approach lights, but I fear it maybe something out of our control and may not produce the desired results.

Nick / Tony,

Thanks very much for the reply.

Just to point out that if I we remove Orbx the lights are OK.

Lights only go high when TE Central is installed.

The default LR scenery looks OK.

However if its not an easy fix or is going to take to long then that's no big problem to me.

Please just let me know the outcome of your findings Tony. 

Regards to both

Dave

On 6/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, tonywob said:

There is not too much we can do about this without making our own version of EGNT. This is a default EGNT airport and the lights are being made too big because of the mesh.. I'll see if I can hack away at the default airport and change the approach lights, but I fear it maybe something out of our control and may not produce the desired results.

Can you not follow what Laminar do?

Laminars base mesh scenery has intentionally somewhat level surfaces extending from the approach ends of the runways.

Archived