AU V2 problems at YBBN

Dear Orbx support staff

I have the following problems at YBBN despite re-installation of both AUV2 and YBBN several times. 

Domestic terminal has old default buildings (which should have been removed) sitting over the Orbx buildings

The Orbx International terminal building is mostly missing except for the sign, but at this terminal the new building sometimes appears.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

YBBN Intl Orbx AUV2.jpg

YBBN Dom Orbx AUV2.jpg

13 hours ago, ozzieblr said:

Dear Orbx support staff

I have the following problems at YBBN despite re-installation of both AUV2 and YBBN several times. 

Domestic terminal has old default buildings (which should have been removed) sitting over the Orbx buildings

The Orbx International terminal building is mostly missing except for the sign, but at this terminal the new building sometimes appears.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Go to the Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY folder.

Locate the 3 files ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.bgl, ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN_CVX.bgl, FTX_AUS_YBBN_objects.bgl and rename them to have .OFF appear, e.g. ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.bgl.OFF

You should repeat the process for all airports in Australia for which you own more detailed versions, such as Orbx's own YBAS, YBCS, YBRM, YMML, YMUI, YSCB, FlyTampa's YSSY, Ant's Aussie Airports, OZx and MAIW's YPED, YWLM, etc.

5 hours ago, F737NG said:

Go to the Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY folder.

Locate the 3 files ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.bgl, ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN_CVX.bgl, FTX_AUS_YBBN_objects.bgl and rename them to have .OFF appear, e.g. ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.bgl.OFF

You should repeat the process for all airports in Australia for which you own more detailed versions, such as Orbx's own YBAS, YBCS, YBRM, YMML, YMUI, YSCB, FlyTampa's YSSY, Ant's Aussie Airports, OZx and MAIW's YPED, YWLM, etc.

Do not, I repeat, do not touch any of these files as suggested by F737NG. It is far more complex than that In order for these airports to fit the new AUv2 mesh. We have been working for weeks now to update conflicting scenery, add excludes as appropriate and preparing new mesh data for all the Orbx airports. Updates will be rolled out for them in the next week or so. If you change the base files in any way, you will corrupt your install of these airports and the updates will fail.

Steps required for 3rd party airports will vary from airport to airport and developer to developer. Many will require the AUv2 CVX file to remain in place. Best to wait for advice from those developers.

Having said that, the FlyTampa YSSY install is fine with just the Sydney_LC folder being disabled as advised in the AUv2 User Guide.

1 minute ago, Graham Eccleston said:

Do not, I repeat, do not touch any of these files as suggested by F737NG. It is far more complex than that In order for these airports to fit the new AUv2 mesh. We have been working for weeks now to update conflicting scenery, add excludes as appropriate and preparing new mesh data for all the Orbx airports. Updates will be rolled out for them in the next week or so. If you change the base files in any way, you will corrupt your install of these airports and the updates will fail.

I sincerely hope you go and put a massive pinned 'read-me' notice on all of the forum pages and in the user document, since what I suggested is the ORBX approved method to avoid compatibility issues with airports for years.

Y

38 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I sincerely hope you go and put a massive pinned 'read-me' notice on all of the forum pages and in the user document, since what I suggested is the ORBX approved method to avoid compatibility issues with airports for years.

All those references are for specific issues and advise how to make Orbx products work with third party products and where we have no control over the content.

Orbx airports working with Orbx scenery is completely within our control and will be addressed fully by us. As was mentioned in the AUv2 release notes:-

"We  are currently updating all our AU airports to be compatible  with Australia v2's higher definition mesh. Please keep an eye out on the release announcement post or our Facebook page for further information on these updates."

Archived