Terrain.cfg entries of items I don't have installed.

I took a look in my terrain.cfg and noticed tons of entries for Orbx scenery that I don't have installed. Is this normal and are they being used? Can they be removed or does it effect load time?

These are the items listed that I don't have installed:

ORBX FTX-AU custom

ORBX FTX-NZ custom

ORBX FTX-GB custom

ORBX FTX-PNW custom

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

To add to what Doug said, unless you have extensive knowledge of how this file works, trying to edit the terrain.cfg will most likely make a big mess of the sim and will not shorten the loading time. It's a critical file. If you have P3D rebuild the default file, you will then need to  use the verify files feature of FTXC3 for the Orbx libraries to restore the Orbx specific entries and you will be back where you started.

On 6/23/2019 at 9:37 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

You can delete the terrain.cfg file and P3Dv4 will build a new file on restart and maybe it will show only the items you have installed. I would not recommend manually altering it.

Rebuilding the terrain.cfg is really simple. Orbx has instructions on how to do it. Even after the rebuild I still get the following entries in my cfg and I don't have those products installed. I wonder if it's a place holder or results of Vector. 

ORBX FTX-AU custom

ORBX FTX-NZ custom

ORBX FTX-GB custom

ORBX FTX-PNW custom

Archived