Loopy over Old Warden

kihOj8s.png

Am I the only one who thinks Orbx's Old Warden is sterile? - granted it has beautifully modeled buildings etc. - but to me doesn't catch the atmosphere -too many spamcans -not enough of the collections aircraft or vintage vehicles.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shot, I like all those "spam cans" and that term literals made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Yeah, there ok for getting from A to B, like most cars, but Old Warden's not really the place for them - google 'Shuttleworth Collection' and you will see what I mean, that's not what its about - there are too many in the scenery and not enough of the Collections machines - the scenery lacks the atmosphere created by freeware scenery like Golden Ages Old Rhinebeck and  John Youngs Imperial War Museum Duxford so I find it somewhat disappointing and don't think the developer has really excelled themselves whereas they could have with just a little more effort. I have visited all three, in R/L, Old Warden the most - nearly every year for 30 years, probably why I find it so disappointing as I say nicely modeled building and grounds but too sterile and a little lazy using modern spamcans for statics. Out of all of Orbx's airports for XP11 GBTE I'd say this is the one that least catches the atmosphere of the place.

I understand personally you are not happy with this product as you have already said so in the XP11l forum as well a few days ago.that is your perogative. But please remember this is the Screenshot forum and as such not really for debating that this scenery is better or worse than others on offer from other vendors whether for free or payware I hope you understand this. 

Thank you

Iain

56 minutes ago, ducati900ss said:

Yeah, there ok for getting from A to B, like most cars, but Old Warden's not really the place for them - google 'Shuttleworth Collection' and you will see what I mean, that's not what its about - there are too many in the scenery and not enough of the Collections machines - the scenery lacks the atmosphere created by freeware scenery like Golden Ages Old Rhinebeck and  John Youngs Imperial War Museum Duxford so I find it somewhat disappointing and don't think the developer has really excelled themselves whereas they could have with just a little more effort. I have visited all three, in R/L, Old Warden the most - nearly every year for 30 years, probably why I find it so disappointing as I say nicely modeled building and grounds but too sterile and a little lazy using modern spamcans for statics. Out of all of Orbx's airports for XP11 GBTE I'd say this is the one that least catches the atmosphere of the place.

Gosh, sorry you feel so strongly.  Did you post in support for them to add the planes that you feel should be there?

• Iain Emms locked and unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

I understand personally you are not happy with this product as you have already said so in the XP11l forum as well a few days ago.that is your perogative. But please remember this is the Screenshot forum and as such not really for debating that this scenery is better or worse than others on offer from other vendors whether for free or payware I hope you understand this. 

Thank you

Iain

I have said i find it disappointing and why and what aspects of the scenery I thought where good  - I got no answer in your support forum and still have not .  I answered comments made by others as to why some objects in the scenery are disappointing/inappropriate - if you cannot take a little positive criticism then that is a sad affair and reflects badly upon yourselves - we are customers not 'brown-nosers' to Orbx.... I take on board this may not be entirely the appropriate forum.    

Archived