A visit to the TT

Having lived and worked on the Isle of Man and marshalled at the TT and Classic TT a number of times, thought I'd pay it a visit during TT week. 

afvxrvN.png

Well the pits look empty and the less I say about the grandstand the better - it needs an update!

8slNj88.png

One of the most famous places on the course - Ballaugh Bridge - can't say the XP11/Orbx version impresses.

i9nTGfO.png

The last time I used the Mountain Railway it didn't have trees growing up the middle of it - any way to get rid of these awfull XP11 traintracks? -as bad as the XP11 roads.

e65DwBh.png

Well I can actually make out which bungalow it was that I marshaled at in Kirk Michael for several years  but the Mitre pub doesn't look too great.

4Rny7h9.png

Over the Cregg - but don't think the pubs modelled!

I am of course being critical -compared to what we had previously this is a vast improvement but it would be nice if there was a modeler interested in motorcycling to spruce this scenery up a bit! :-)  Was going to ride around the course but the only freeware motorcycle I could find was XP10 and kept going up in flames. (I had a R/L motorcycle on the IOM that did that too!)

janv862.png

Doing my best Dougie Lampkin impression - he wheelied around the entire TT course.

9ENWfpn.png

Then the bike goes up in flames -not as spectacularly as mine in R/L though.

There is a payware Honda - but had issues with the vendor's site - so choose the SopwithTabloid -anyone know the reason why though?

Some great images from the IoM and the TT circuit.

Now there is a name from the past, Lampkin! I can remember watching the previous generation of Lampkins on Grandstand in the 60s scrambling along with the great Dave Bickers.:)

15 minutes ago, ducati900ss said:

Guess not many motorcyclist on this forum?

Great shots...Used to love my bikes, started out on a Yamaha Fizz, then RD250 (Yellow & Black - Kenny Roberts colours)...RD350lc...GPZ550...and a Katana (would have been worth keeping that one)

I used to do trials as a youngster... Yamaha TY250...Ossa, Bultaco...Do miss my bikes, often thought about going off road again, but do it now in my Land Rover (much safer and warmer) :)

Have Donnington circuit close by so get my fix there from time to time B)

Yep the prices of early 80's bikes are on the rise - the RD'S are fetching a pretty penny as well. Yep had lots of bikes I should have kept as well but the Triton I had at 19 when I was at uni was the one I regret selling most - sold it to get a CX500, of all things, to go dispatch riding on - the folly of youth!.

Archived