Long loading times !!

Hello guys ,

I am running Prepar3DV4.5 ( plus hotfix ) and everything was Smooth up to Now with no problems ! Today I tried to load a flight and choose a different Aircraft from my Selection favourite list !

It took approximately 2 min. for the aircraft to load !!! Then I tried to choose a different aircraft and still the same long loading time !! I then exit flight sim. and start it again , choosing a different flight with a different plane ! It took again 2 min. to load the aircraft !

Any Idea what is going on ? I never had such an issue before the hotfix or with any other versions of Prepar3d !

20190525_130710.thumb.jpg.b885c27341b8d6e7d96f37f3ca1bc3e0.jpg

20190525_130718.thumb.jpg.391f1b84fd97f2cda8c6c48881be3d74.jpg

Any help will be much appreciated !!

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thanks for the question.

Do you think it might be better asked at the P3D forum?

Thanks Nick for your reply !

I just thought maybe someone from ORBX forums might encountered such or similar issue !

I will go ahead and post my question in their forums !

Mike

I've recently experienced very long load times to populate the aircraft list. The cause in my case was corrupted shader files. 

I fixed my problem by deleting:

C: ► Users ► <Your username> ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ►  Shaders

and the shaders were recompiled on the next run of P3D

10 hours ago, paj said:

I've recently experienced very long load times to populate the aircraft list. The cause in my case was corrupted shader files. 

C: ► Users ► <Your username> ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ►  Shaders

Great News !!!

I will check it out tomorrow morning !

Much appreciated :)

12 hours ago, mikee said:

Great News !!!

Goodmorning paj .

I followed your advice but unfortunately it did not fixed my problem , still long loading times !

Maybe it is the Combination of REX Environment Force and PTA that created the issue !

Mike

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, mikee said:

Great News !!!

Hello paj !

I have finally good news ! Today I Installed Couple of Sceneries and some Planes and when I tried to select a plane for my flight , everything worked perfect , In a matter of seconds my plane was selected ! I have No idea what caused the problem ! :)

Thanks again for your help

Mike

I use REX EF too and it was during beta testing of a new build that my compiled shaders became corrupted which, in my case, caused the problems with the aircraft selection screen.

Im glad your problem resolved itself.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, paj said:

Does anyone know whether use of shader utilities such as PTA cause loading delays? Thanks.

sherm

From my understanding of how shaders work, no. They  get partially compiled at the end of the P3D launch sequence (just prior to the initial display of the Scenario screen) and fully compiled once a scenario finishes loading. But the compilation time is quick... usually a few seconds or less. Shaders are called on the  Scenario screen, aircraft selection screen and whenever in flight. Whilst they affect rendering performance at these stages I don’t thInk they should affect loading times?? Loading times are instead proportional to the quantity of scenery and traffic bgl’s, texture files and simobject mdls.

Thanks paj, for that comprehensive explanation. Obviously we are dealing with a complex and layered software. Add to that the various scenery files we use, and the sorting out we expect of our computers. It is lot of zeros and ones we expect to be set in perfect order.

maybe slow loading time is simply the cost of doing business for some of us. Comparing it to the preflight checks of a real pilot, from Cessna 152 to Dreamliner and military aircraft, it is like no time at all.

sherm

Archived