I can't find KCGX (Meigs) on my list of airports in P3D V4

Thanks Carlos.  Yes I installed Drzewiecki Design Chicago City earlier today.  FTX AA KCGX does show up in my Scenery Library like you show.  It is just that I can't select the Airport from Location in P3DV4.   I know the KCGX Meigs no longer exists but I thought I could start my flight from there. Perhaps not?

ChicagoAirports.JPG

Yes I figured that out

As you installed DD scenery first it is overwriting Orbx one

Run the installer again ( it will detect ORBX's KCGX) and when it prompts if you want to keep Orbx's Meigs click on yes.

Theirs will be put off and Orbx's on

I would recommend to run FTX Central before launching the sim again

That should solve your issue. I have them both coexisting to perfection

Regards,

Carlos

Thank you Carlos. I did use DD  installer again and clicked on Orbx Compatibility and finished the install and then ran verify  for Meigs Field in FTX  and then started my sim but the airport still doesn't show on the P3DV4 List.

Ok

I would say to uninstall DD scenery

Then be sure that Meigs is installed in FTX Central

The product has to look like this / I would run the verify files tool just in case

QPWUXrk.jpg

When not installed it has that label on top

Then run the sim and verify it is there like my screen above or search its ICAO code in the airport code field it should find it.

If all is ok then close the sim

Then install DD again and don't forget to tick o Orbx compatibility

Launch the sim and test

Revert back with results

Regards,

Carlos

I just tried that also and still KCGX doesn't show up.  I used DD's  instructions to uninstall, To uninstall/deactivate the product simply remove its Scenery Library entry (in P3Dv4 you need to remove the “add-on.xml” located in My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Chicago X folder). 

Then, I opened my Sim but still no KCGX even with the DD uninstalled.   I checked FTX Central and it does show KCGX installed.

2 minutes ago, JWxTreme said:

I just tried that also and still KCGX doesn't show up.  I used DD's  instructions to uninstall, To uninstall/deactivate the product simply remove its Scenery Library entry (in P3Dv4 you need to remove the “add-on.xml” located in My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Chicago X folder). 

Yes that is the correct method

3 minutes ago, JWxTreme said:

Then, I opened my Sim but still no KCGX even with the DD uninstalled.   I checked FTX Central and it does show KCGX installed.

You should run FTX Central before the sim.

But as you first opened the sim and then FTX Central can you open again the sim to see if it updates the scenery library?

Cheers

14 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Yes that is the correct method

You should run FTX Central before the sim.

But as you first opened the sim and then FTX Central can you open again the sim to see if it updates the scenery library?

Cheers

I tried that but no luck.  Yes, I do get database updating scenery message when I start up my Sim.  Also, KCGX does show in my scenery.cfg file.  I did uninstall my DD and uninstalled Orbx KCGX and then just reinstalled Orbx KCGX and restarted my Sim but KCGX still will not show up.  Here are some of my screen shots in P3D V4.  I don't know what else to try.  I hate to give up.  Fortunately, I bought KCGX at 50% off so it was only $11. I'm just happy I didn't buy it at full price.

Add-onsPD3.JPG

KCGXmissing.JPG

KCGXscenery.JPG

Hello,

so far you are the only person to present this problem, so it is highly likely

that the root of the problem lies in your particular installation.

The key file is ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCGX\Scenery\Orbx_KCGX_APX.bgl

Please ensure that this is present and that it has not been disabled.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

so far you are the only person to present this problem, so it is highly likely

that the root of the problem lies in your particular installation.

The key file is ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCGX\Scenery\Orbx_KCGX_APX.bgl

Please ensure that this is present and that it has not been disabled.

Thank you for your reply Nick.  Yes, that KCGX_APX.bgl file is there.     What I'm doing now is unstalling P3D V4.4 and installling P3D V4.5. I  needed to upgrade to 4.5 anyway.  I will see if that fixes the problem.

KCGX_APX.JPG

I installed P3D V4.5 but still it will not recognize Orbx KCGX. However, the other Orbx airports work on P3D V4.

My Scenery.cfg file, last section:

[Area.177]
Title=FTX_AA_KPSP
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPSP
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=177

[Area.178]
Title=FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=178

[Area.179]
Title=FTX_AA_KCGX
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCGX
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=179

[Area.180]
Title=FTX_AA_1S2
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_1S2
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=180

[Area.181]
Title=FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
Local=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=181

Hi

Do you still have Chigaco City X folder in your scenery addon's folder?

I would remove all DD scenery ( in the addons folder, in the documents one)

Then will launch the sim and close it once loaded

Then I would uninstall Orbx Meigs and will reintall

Once installed will run the sim and would verify it is there

Then close the sim and install DD Chicago X

Click on compatibility with Orbx

Then run the sim and test

If it doesn't work you need to wait for Nick's guidance as my knowledge is basic

Please give a last try to this and let's see what happens

Regards,

Carlos

13 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi

Do you still have Chigaco City X folder in your scenery addon's folder?

I would remove all DD scenery ( in the addons folder, in the documents one)

Then will launch the sim and close it once loaded

Then I would uninstall Orbx Meigs and will reintall

Once installed will run the sim and would verify it is there

Then close the sim and install DD Chicago X

Click on compatibility with Orbx

Then run the sim and test

If it doesn't work you need to wait for Nick's guidance as my knowledge is basic

Please give a last try to this and let's see what happens

Regards,

Carlos

I appreciate your help and encouragement Carlos.  When I arrive home later today I will try this out and let you know if I meet with success or not. I'm beginning to wonder if the DD scenery interfered in some way since the other Orbx Airports are not affected. Although I did uninstall before and tried.  I know that DD is coming out with a 1.1 upgrade at the end of May which will add more building on the Northside of Chicago.  I also posted my problem over on the Drzewiecki Design forum thinking they might have some further insight.

Hi

I think it is due to having installed DD first than Orbx and the way you proceeded after

That's why I recommend to get rid of all DD related to Chicago ( all folders) and uninstall Orbx Meigs then start the sim , for it to rebuilt the scenery, then reinstall Meigs by Orbx and run the sim.

Then close it and installed DD with the recommended setting, it should work, then test

I had Orbx first than DD and all is working as a team.

Great to know about the adding of more buildings, they just launched the three airports too :-)

Let's wait and see how well you did, if something continues wrong you would need Nick's expertise as I would not know what else to recommend or check

Good luck

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos.

I followed your directions exactly, I uninstalled all of the DD, Chicago City X and Chicago Airport, and even the folders.  I then uninstalled Orbx Meigs and restarted the sim and then reinstalled Meigs and ran the sim. I still do not see KCGX on my Airports in P3D V4, even through it shows in Scenery in P3DV4.  This  has me stumped.  I don't know what to do unless I uninstall all Orbx and FTX. and start over.

I noticed tonight that I have several Orbx airports that I never installed because I don't use them, KJAC, KEGE, and yet they are showing up in the ICAO ID in Prepare3D.  Could it be that because KCGX no longer exists that Prepare3D does not have it in their list of Airports, and therefore, Orbx cannot place it in the ICAO list?

Hello,

your latest theory overlooks the fact that KCGX shows in the airport menu for everyone else that has installed

the Orbx product into P3D.

This is from the advertising:

Chicago City X

This product does not include any airports

C O M P A T I B I L I T Y

Chicago Airports X is compatible with Chicago City X by Drzewiecki Design, all ORBX products, all PILOT’S products and all Megascenery products. It is also expected to be compatible with most other airport add-ons from the area.

Just for you, I have installed the demo and can still see KGCX in the airport menu.

KCGX is not included in the P3D default airports, therefore, if you have no KCGX addon,

you will not see KCGX in the airport menu.

Your examples, KJAC and KEGE do have default P3D versions, therefore you will still be

able to select them from the P3D airport menu, although if you go there, you will see

only the default airport.

The difference is that without an addon KCGX, P3D will not even allow you to go there.

This is the P3D airport menu, searched for "Chicago" with the Orbx KCGX and the DD demo installed and active.

5.jpg

Now I have disabled Orbx KCGX in the scenery library.

6.jpg

I don't see "Vertiport" in your menu either, which seems to be a part of the DD product.

Your image

ChicagoAirports.JPG

Okay, that's clear now Nick.   So it appears that Orbx KCGX add-on just isn't being recognized by P3D V4 for some reason and not added to the ICAO list. Do airport add-ons have to be installed in a certain order in relation to Libraries, Base, Global Vector, etc?

Oh well.  I guess I will just have to uninstall everything, all of my Orbx products and start over. I can no longer purchase anymore Orbx products unfortunately until this gets resolved.

One thing I noticed is that I never installed YCDR Caloundra Airport in Australia.  It is also not a default airport, not on the ICAO ID list.  So I just tried installing that one through FTX to see if I would have the same issue and I DID.  Even through it shows installed on the Scenery Library in P3D it still will not show up on the ICAO ID list. So, this appears to be a problem with Orbx installation of the addon  airports not on the ICAO ID default list not being recognized by P3D V4 .

Hello JWxTreme

This would be my last recommendation.  Nick please correct if I am wrong.

Let's do this

For you not to reinstall everything again

Delete the scenery.cfg file ( you will lose all your add-ons though) this is just to clean the scenery (This file is located in C:program Data, Lockheed Martin, P3D)

After you delete this file run the sim. I will built the DEFAULT scenery. Once done close it

Then run FTX Central and let do the validation it does, once finished close it

Then run the sim, it will add all your ORBX scneries back. Then close it

All third party sceneries might need to be added again, except if they were added by the xml method.

The old style adding ones (going to addons folder search for it and then click on add, all manual ones) might need to be installed again

Then before installing again DD, ensure you have Orbx airport in the list and launch it to reconfirm is theirs

Then close and add DD

It think this should fix your issue

Regards,

Carlos

Thank you Carlos and Nick.  I tried your recent suggestion but without success.  KCGX still does not show up.  I'm now in the process of removing all of Orbx.  However, when I try to  uninstall Libraries it will not allow me to in FTX Central. Uninstall  is grayed out.  How can I uninstall Libraries?

OrbxLib_Uninstall.JPG

7 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

HIya

Well you don't need to uninstall all of Orbx

Why are you doing this? What is the intention? Wha't on your mind?

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos, I just want to start all over again from scratch, with a clean slate, and see if that fixes the problem with Meigs Airport. Uninstall everything and then reinstall, even my P3D V4.

2 minutes ago, JWxTreme said:

Hi Carlos, I just want to start all over again from scratch, with a clean slate, and see if that fixes the problem with Meigs Airport. Uninstall everything and then reinstall, even my P3D V4.

Hi ok

Then you don't need to uninstall each Orbx Product by just deleting the ORBX folder all will be gone  BUT you would have to download everything again

Is this fine for you?

If yes then go ahead and then uninstall P3D

If you don't want to download everything again just follow the steps in this post

Good luck

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos.  I got it. It works now.   Over on the P3D Forum they suggested a link to troubleshoot with add-ons, and they had this step:

Remove your generated files.

Delete the files in these locations, Copy the TEXT below and paste them into the windows search bar
Delete the following generated folders/files. This will result in any add-ons being removed/disabled.
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

I had uninstalled and reinstalled P3D V4 and Orbx before, but I failed to delete these files and folders.  Once I did that and reinstalled P3D V4, I had KCGX in my ICAO List and the Merrill Meigs Airport scenery from Orbx.   Of course deleting those folders and files will also delete settings from other add-ons, but I can always add them back again.    All is good now. Thank you Carlos and Nick. I realize it isn't always easy troubleshooting when you don't have  the computer system in front of you.  I appreciate all that you do.

MeigsOrbx.jpg

Archived