Missing Mesh in various Places

I have bought and installed true earth from orbx store, and also installed the libraries, however, I am getting anomallys in xp 11 which are shown in the attached screenshot, these mesh anomallys I think they are were not like this before installing the orbx true earth. any ideas what could be causing this? Also once I get closer to this area the issue disappears and mesh ground textures are rendering/shown

Also when landing at arrival airport all taxiway texture is not there the only outline of runway texture?

Thanks 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Soi apologize cause I've just reloaded FTX Global and according to orbx i don't actually have either of the true earth I bought installed even though I definitely did install them cause I waiting for the download which took ages and also checked afterward to make sure they installed which they did. 

However, I have just deleted my scenery .cfg file so XP can create a new one from fresh and I renamed the orbx folder name in XP custom scenery adding ZZZ at the front of each folder name to make sure it sits at the bottom of the list because of the rename of the folder names is orbx now not seeing that there installed cause it looking for specific folder names in the custom scenery folder ?

The scenery .cfg I have attached is the new one that XP remade after I deleting the suspecting troublesome one 

Thanks

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

scenery_packs.ini

Hello,

FTX Central cannot see the folders because you have renamed them, so it is reporting

that they are not there.

The scenery_packs.ini file looks OK, I would think that if you go to the North or South

coverage area, you will see it working.

We don't encourage renaming folders, it doesn't help and makes support difficult and in

theory disallows it, you will see that I am here nevertheless.

Awesome no worries, do you think if I were to rename them back to original without the ZZZ XP 11 would render everything in the correct order and I would see any anomalies, of course, I'd get XP11 to rebuild scenery .cfg after doing this?

Also what about the weird cut of mesh that was in the first photo? what do you think caused that?

Thanks

On 5/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, Ryan Gregg said:

Awesome no worries, do you think if I were to rename them back to original without the ZZZ XP 11 would render everything in the correct order and I would see any anomalies, of course, I'd get XP11 to rebuild scenery .cfg after doing this?

Also what about the weird cut of mesh that was in the first photo? what do you think caused that?

Thanks

@Ryan Gregg

@Nick Cooper For your info Nick.

Your scenery_packs.ini is not correct at all, and where you have placed the TEGB files means you won't see them displayed because the default scenery and x-Europe will be covering them over. I will , for a couple of beers, redo your scenry_packs.ini (not scenery.cfg as your refer to it as, showing your FSX/P3D heritage:)). I will of course be renaming your TEGB files to their original name so that there is no confusion by FTX Central etc.

Remember you must go into your Custom Scenery folder and remove the prefix ZZZ that you have labelled the TEGB and Orbx Libs folders as otherwise the redone Scenery_packs.ini will keep writing the the file as ZZZ....

You also have 2 copies of Aerosoft EDDF and LFMN so you need to delete one copy in your Customs Scenery folder.

You have got UK200 Stansted below Global Airports so only the default Stansted would show. I have moved it above Global airports as it is a 3rd party addon and not the default version. I have also moved Orbx Needles airport above Global airports as it is also a 3rd party addon airport and Orbx places it incorrectly below Global airports making the helipad on the lighthouse transparent. You will now be able to land on the lighthouse helipad.

All your libraries should be placed below Global and other sceneries, although in theory they can be placed anywhere in XP it is recommended to have them layered in the scenery_packs.ini together so having them out of the way in one group rather than scattered around only makes sense.

Here is your reworked scenery_packs file. Let me know if it works.

scenery_packs.ini

You replace your existingscenery_packs.ini inside your Custom Scenery folder.

You MUST rename ONLY those folders I mentioned in my post like the  ZZZ prefix you made to the TEGB and OrbxLibs folders. If you don't then XP will rewrite the scenery.ini back to read ZZZ etc which will then mean it places the TEGB layering in the scenery ini back at the bottom because it is layering by alphabet and Z is the last letter. So YES rename those folders or else my work will be for nothing and you won't solve your problem. You don't need to rename ALL your folders and cannot see why you ask that when I have only mentioned the renaming requirement for the  Orbx folders which you added your own ZZZ prefix to.

As a guide you need to think of the Orbx TE series of addons as complete packages and as such need to be just below Global Airports in order for them to function as designed. If you start renaming them they will not function properly. The scenery_packs.ini layer addons and default content from the top down. I am sure you know this but will just confirm the layering sequence required. It creates the layers with 3rd party addon airports at the top, then Global (default) airports, then scenery addons like Orbx TE series, then addon default scenery enhancements like x-Europe, then libraries, then any addon mesh you may have. In other words from under the earth (Mesh) to addon airports sitting on top of all the sceneries whether 3rd party or default.

As a rule of thumb you should always check your scenery_packs.ini after every new addon installation to ensure it has layered the addon in the correct sequencing because XP will put any new addon immediately at the top of the listing  . Not really a problem with addon airports because being at the top of the layer listing is where they should be, but that is not the case with all other addons. Orbx tries to place their addons correctly but doesn't always get it right. The  Needles helipad is an example of that.

Archived