PNW-Error message at end of install when running FTXCentral?

robmw

Hi,

I just finished installing PNW but got an error message when the installer tried to launch FTXCentral. I can see the cause is that the reported path to the FTXCentral.exe was missing a '/'. Otherwise the installer ran without error and I can see 5.6 GB of files in the FTX_NA folder. Anyway, I started FTXCentral manually and it appeared to work as lots of new entries appeared in terrain.cfg etc. I just wanted to check as the version of FTXCentral is still dated July 2009 - I assume all the config is done through data files rather than hard coding in FTXCentral so that my version is what would be expected?

Other than that thanks to FSS for the help in getting the download completed - this is the single biggest download I've ever done and I was expecting a few glitches on the way with the expected demand!

And a big thanks to OrbX as I know I'm going to enjoy this immensely...

Rob

PNW #51737

Hi,

I had the same problem, FTXCentral.exe was reported as missing because the path was wrongly set at

D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral  instead of

D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral . I run manually the program and I hope the whole process ended well.

I have the Italian version of FSX Gold Edition on Vista 32

Happy Flyiing to everyone.

English language version. I notice the missing '\' is between the FSX path defined in the registry, then appending the Orbx specific path?

Anyway, just to confirm it all seems to be working so manually launching FTXCentral looks like the answer for anyone else who may have this problem.

Archived