South Alaska, from Juneau to Skagway

dominique

You know what fighter pilots say of a war mission . A long boring flight with 5 minutes of terror at the end. Well, Alaska is great because the landscape is so majestic that you never  get bored. The flight from PAJN to PAGY is a case in point. About the terror at the end though, what about a short runway in a narrow fjord with a hard turn on final ? With a jet ;) ?

I chose an oldie but a goodie, the Lotus Simulations L-39 I hadn't flown for a while. Made for FSX but she flies wonderfully in P3Dv3 because the developper was a perfectionist.  No autopilot but she trims well. Only thing, she is a slippery girl at landing. Watch your speed knowing she takes her sweet time to spool up in case of need.

12 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Hi dominique, thank you for very nice video from beautiful Alaska.

Cheers

Karoly

Thanks Karoly, quite a few nice vistas !

1 hour ago, FSRobert said:

Nice Editing Dominique. Sure was a clear day in alaska for flying. 

Nice piloting skills!

Thanks Robert. The weather was the ASN of the day  Clear with a little wind from the SSW.  Lucky day :). Editing a movie is a ton of fun. I found that, few months back, after cranking out hundreds of screenshots over the years. Still have to look at improving the sound track though !

Just now, Traveller said:

Good job Dominique.

I enjoyed it.:)

Thank you my friend :).

Just now, FSRobert said:

Gotta tell ya, in all my years of making my FSVideos I find their is always room for improvement.  :)

What editing software do you use ?  I'm with the old W7 2012 Movie Maker  ! Good enough for me I suppose but I wish I could set markers on the timeline to move rushes.  

5 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great vid. Dominique. You "kissed" the runway perfectly. That is not an easy place to land. Well done:)

Thank you ! There were rehearsals ;), some a little less perfect :lol: ! Actually I wanted to add a Go Around, an interesting proposition in Skagway, but  the vid is already a little long. 

Archived