Airport elevations problems

Order #: FSS0329701

Good morning,  I have problems with the airport elevation corrections, quite a few of my sceneries, some from Flightbeam some from FSdreamteam have issues with the airport elevation corrections, I ran the orbx vector config tool in the FTX Central and ran the auto correct, but it keeps running forever and never stops, so after a long time I stop it and try to disable the AEC but it's not on the lists, (more than 1), so how can I fix the AEC issue, please advise.

Prepar3dV4

Prosim737.

FTX Central (many orbx products are installed).

thank you.

Hi

If your P3Dv4 has been installed to the root of the hard drive instead of a folder structure the Auto AEC will not work. But, The manual enable/disable AEC mode will still work.

So your options are to either reinstall your sim to a folder first, or just use the manual enable/disable AEC mode for every individual airport you encounter that requires adjustment.

Thank you for replying, the only thing is that the enable/disable AEC mode does not show quite a few airports either, and yes Prepar3dv4 has been installed to the root folder of the hard drive, let me know if there is another option as reinstalling prepar3d to a folder structure would mean to reinstall all of the addons and there are quite a few sceneries and utilities, thank you.

Manuel.

Hello,

the Vector database does not contain every airport and if an airport is not in the database,

then Vector is having no effect upon it and the solution to any elevation problem lies elsewhere.

You could create a root folder and then modify the P3D registry entry to reflect the modification.

This does work from the point of view of Orbx products but I have not tested its effect on the P3D

installer.

So, the suggestion about creating a root folder to modify the registry for P3D would be a solution instead of reinstalling P3D completely with all it's add-ons?

How do I modify the registry entry for P3D (step by step sort of say), I am not entirely sure.

thank you

Manuel.

Archived