Updated true earth GB south

Been using GB true earth since it came out really brilliant and enjoyed it but I updated to 1.1 and now it won't load just crashes saying out of memory but I used to run it maxed out now crashes with low settings is there a way I can revert back has this happened to anyone else 

Thanks 

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Unless you have a tiny amount of system and/or graphics card RAM, this should not happen.

Please take a look at your RAM usage in Task Manager\Performance and also make sure that

you have a system managed Page file active.

On 4/23/2019 at 12:04 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Unless you have a tiny amount of system and/or graphics card RAM, this should not happen.

Please take a look at your RAM usage in Task Manager\Performance and also make sure that

you have a system managed Page file active.

I Have 8GB of RAM would I need to put in more RAM or VRAM

Thanks Nick for your response trouble is I not good on computers I know mine is fast though and run true earth great only now i get OOM errors will try and set page file to managed but how do you do that. sorry nick to be a pain but i really miss the scenery cos it's so good.

Thanks tried everything but cant seem to use true earth scenery anymore since updating it worked fine before. copy and pasted my computer system info below.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    MEADSIM2
System Manufacturer    NOVATECH LTD
System Model    MBB-63004B
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    MBB-63004B
Processor    AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. FDa, 10/06/2015
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Model    Not Available
BaseBoard Name    Base Board
Platform Role    Desktop
Secure Boot State    Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS
System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.17134.619"
Username    MEADSIM2\MeadSim
Time Zone    GMT Summer Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    7.96 GB
Available Physical Memory    5.44 GB
Total Virtual Memory    24.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory    19.9 GB
Page File Space    16.0 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection    Off
Virtualisation-based security    Not enabled
Device Encryption Support    Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware    Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes

Hello,

here is your problem

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    7.96 GB
Available Physical Memory    5.44 GB
Total Virtual Memory    24.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory    19.9 GB
Page File Space    16.0 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys

You can expand the page file using the guide I posted above.

Hello Philip, unless you're using it, you don't need Hyper-V. I recommend turning it off in the BIOS and also Windows. I also think 8GB of RAM is insufficient and I would upgrade to at least 16GB.

I would say your system is borderline for X-Plane 11.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 12:42 PM, Fizzelle said:

Hello Philip, unless you're using it, you don't need Hyper-V. I recommend turning it off in the BIOS and also Windows. I also think 8GB of RAM is insufficient and I would upgrade to at least 16GB.

I would say your system is borderline for X-Plane 11.

Thanks but I used to use it fine when I first downloaded true earth no probs  then updated true earth and now it don't work

17 hours ago, Philip Thomas said:

Thanks but I used to use it fine when I first downloaded true earth no probs  then updated true earth and now it don't work

That's because the update included new high quality PBR textures for autogen which would increase the demand levels of your system. If you look in your folder of TEGB South Overlay you will see 2 folders. One labelled autogen and the other labelled autogen_old. The new autogen is 190MB the old autogen is 22.7MB, so you can see the difference. This may be playing a part in your problem although I totally agree that 8GB of RAM is not sufficient, and also that you need to increase your page file capacity. Until you upgrade your RAM and page file you can see if the following helps at all:

Open the TEGB South Overlay folder and rename autogen to autogen_pbr. Then rename autogen_old to autogen which will then mean that the older autogen version of 22.7MB will be used. If it does work, then it shows that you are right on the very edge of RAM capacity/functionality in XP and you definitely need to at least double it to 16GB

On 5/19/2019 at 7:20 AM, jjaycee1 said:

That's because the update included new high quality PBR textures for autogen which would increase the demand levels of your system. If you look in your folder of TEGB South Overlay you will see 2 folders. One labelled autogen and the other labelled autogen_old. The new autogen is 190MB the old autogen is 22.7MB, so you can see the difference. This may be playing a part in your problem although I totally agree that 8GB of RAM is not sufficient, and also that you need to increase your page file capacity. Until you upgrade your RAM and page file you can see if the following helps at all:

Open the TEGB South Overlay folder and rename autogen to autogen_pbr. Then rename autogen_old to autogen which will then mean that the older autogen version of 22.7MB will be used. If it does work, then it shows that you are right on the very edge of RAM capacity/functionality in XP and you definitely need to at least double it to 16GB

Thanks mate done what you said and now got orbx back Brilliant running on slightly lower setting not on max settings but works great now do you think a bit more Ram will help so i can run on higher settings great scenery true earth

4 hours ago, Philip Thomas said:

Thanks mate done what you said and now got orbx back Brilliant running on slightly lower setting not on max settings but works great now do you think a bit more Ram will help so i can run on higher settings great scenery true earth

Yes to your question on requiring more RAM, but that is not really the limit of what you require to meet the minimum specs for XP11. XP at present is very CPU orientated until Vulkan is implemented which will give more of an equal distribution between the CPU and GPU. It all depends how seriously you want to sim versus having a PC that will let you sim to a certain level and meets your other computing requirements. If you want to sim, then Intel CPU at minimum 4.6Ghz, a Geforce/Gigabyte GPU no less than a 1070 8GB  and at least 16GB of RAM.

Glad to see you up and running anyway:)

Archived