Update to P3Dv4.5

I have P3Dv4.4 with FTX Global base + openLC South America/Europe/North America /Mesh South America + Vector + Libraries and working.

I'm about to make an update to P3Dv4.5 (following LM instructions to install Client then Content then Scenery).

Will this have any effect in my ORBX products? After updating to 4.5 do I need to make anything else with FTX Central?

Tks

According to postings on the LM forum and a question  I posted, when updating scenery the old scenery folder is deleted and the new one installed/created. I might have been given the wrong information, so didn´t take the chance just to get some donkeys with charts. :D I will make a test and backup my scenery folder, update and check if my changes/additions are still there. No problem.

Jack

So guys, test made and problem solved. Update of scenery does NOT delete the additions made to Scenery folder it only adds/updates new P3D files AND no course "resetts" the files CHANGED by 3:rd party scenerys, like ORBX Global Base and HD Trees. there might be some other programs that need to be reinstalled not sure about REX or other similair programs. 

Thnis makes it much easier to update all 3 P3D modules in the future. :D

JacK

There is no need to reinstall all three elements when upgrading to v5. Simply uninstall your existing client for v4. Then download and install the v5 client. This does not require reinstallation of content or scenery. Save yourself a lot of trouble and time....Occam's Razor...the simplest solution is usually correct.

Sherm

Shermak, yes that is tru if you only want to update Client to v4.5, but if you want to update Content and Scenery you have install/update them

No problems with my Aerosoft sceneries.

Seems Rex World Wide Airports HD needs to be reinstalled as it overwrites some P3D default files, like Global Base does.

Jack

55 minutes ago, cirurgiao said:

Although updating just Client to v4.5 is a good choice maybe updating Content & Scenery to v4.5 will give needed scenery updates/upgrades. Tks Sherm for your info.

Tks, Jack

Yes, that is true, but I was only referring to what is necessary, not the optional upgrades.

Sherm

• 1 month later...

Nick, you answered my previous question about installing ORBX in another drive and creating a dedicated folder inside P3Dv4 folder (and it works very well, tks).

I'm having some issues with my OS and maybe will need to reinstall/repair it. If so there will be no REGISTRY entries. Will this action affects my ORBX too? Will I need to begin from scratch too?

Tks

Jack, maybe a dumb question but...: Do I backup my 3rd-party Addons sceneries and after that just copy it to their previous place?

Tks

Hello,

Orbx doesn't store registry entries any more because the licences are now stored at Orbx Direct.

Nothing to do with us, but don't forget that if you intend to do anything to your PC that involves

wiping the registry, you must uninstall P3D first, or its licencing system will not let you reinstall without

having to ask them to reactivate your licence.

Archived