Airports messed up.

I love the amazing scenery provided by Orbx but I have recently had to completely reinstall everything twice. I just installed the UK2000 Edinburgh Airport version 3.23 and as usual I opened up FSX, then shut it down and then opened up FTX Central3, Global Vector, Control Panel, Airport Elevation Corrections, ran Auto-Configuration. After that had finished there was nothing under the AEC Is Disabled For. I used the AESHelp for FSX and was told that all the few airports I had installed had disappeared. When I opened up FSX I was told that 'SCENERY.CFG file error. In valid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.045. The picture of this is attached.

Please let me know what the problem is and how to fix it instead of total reinstall again.

Thank you

Ian Carruthers

Untitled.jpg

Thanks,

you seem to have uploaded a default copy of the scenery.cfg file.

Can you take another look at C:\programdata\Microsoft\FSX please?

If you cannot see it, try this:

Please note that the programdata folder is hidden by default in the Windows File Explorer.

If you cannot see it, please go to your Windows File Explorer view options and check

"Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Untitled.jpg

Thanks,

the best thing to do with that scenery.cfg file is to delete it, as it is hopelessly corrupt.

Start FSX and it will replace the scenery.cfg file with a default version.

Then close FSX, run FTX Central and wait until you see "activating Orbx scenery".

Then close FTX Central and try FSX again.

Archived