ORBX Scenery Causing P3D Crash

Ok I reckon it’s something I’ve done. Of course. Here goes

I have Global, Vector and GB south installed. I’ve been using the sim without any problems.

when I went back to look through my products, it showed that the ORBX library wasn’t installed. So I installed it, and also added trees HD as that was not installed.

when I returned to P3D 4.4, it crashes every time, freezing at the loading phase. 

I wont ask what part of you product has caused the issue, rather what have I done wrong?

Ryan

Hi

First please apply the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Had P3D  v.4.4   Orbx True Earth UK South loading a flight delay on 6%  about 15 minutes.
updated  to  P3D v.4.5 now stays on 6% left for an hour still there no change loading other
flight areas, no problem ?

OL.JPG

Rolston, could you attach a copy of your  scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 to your next post please.

There are 156 entries that are not shown above, that is a lot of 3rd party scenery, plus those below entry 178.

Ok I checked the scenery. All is correct and in the order as you stated above. I unchecked the frozen lakes and carried out everything as you asked. The sim eventually loaded but it took around 10 minutes. I have the freeze at 6%. Second time round it shot up really quickly to around 94% then stopped for some time there. As I said the only changes I made were installing the ORBX library and trees HD. It worked smooth as a babies bottom before I did this. 

The other thing that has stopped working after this is active sky. Very strange.

my specs are as follows:

intel i9 9900k 5ghz

GTX 1080ti graphics card

32gb DDr4 vengeance RAM.

P3D 4.4 

this should be ok to run smooth

add ons:

Aerosoft A320 bundle up to date

Quality Wings 787

UK2000 scenery Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton.

Rex 5 and Airports HD

Chase Plane

GSX and GSX 2

Matt Davies PTA ( I use his shaders)

could any of these be conflicting?

i think the fault is somewhere within ORBX as others are experiencing the same.

Help please.

Ryan

Also once loaded my frame rate has dropped to 5-12fps. I was getting from 45 - 100 plus prior to installing the library that was missing. I have had lots of problems with P3D. It’s taken a month to get it working properly including my computer upgrade. Please let me know what’s gone wrong so I can fix it ASAP. I was told that p3d was better than fsx. So far not convinced 

I’ve unticked all the ORBX boxes in the scenery library and the sim is running smooth again. Is it worth uninstalling and starting again? Deleting a config file? My fear is somethings been corrupted and I have to uninstall everything and start again

And I’ve moved around. Working fine at Salt Lake City and Innsbruck. Appears to be an issue around the Uk. Thought at first it was the uk2000 airports, but I tested some Uk default airports, frame rate right down. Once airborne stuttering. FPS goes up then drops right down. Then up again. Just trying to give you as much info as possible if there’s a bug with ORBX scenery somewhere. As I said. Worked absolutely fine until it said I didn’t have the library installed. Only once I installed the library did the problems occur 

Usually just opening up FTX Central and waiting a moment for the "Activating scenery" should place them correctly, but in my images below you will see there are five specific entries just below the default named entries, and one at the 3rd from the bottom location.

Vector 1.PNG

Vector 2.PNG

4 minutes ago, Blaster254 said:

That lorby config i found is located in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 not program data

The Lorby scenery.cfg you posted above is showing UK2000 stuff and no Orbx, so P3D is getting confused by which scenery.cfg it is using? So you will need to pick and stick with one scenery.cfg, then delete the terrian.cfg also found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 so the sim can rebuild a new one when you restart it that matches the scenery.cfg.

Yes I moved them all up incorrectly initially. But they reset themselves. So last questions. Of all appears correct now, can you see anything obvious that’s caused this problem since I reloaded the FTX library, bare in mind I have configs in both programfile and programdata  p3d folders?

Oh, I would also delete the "SceneryIndexes_x64" folder just for laughs and P3D will build a fresh new on startup, heck, you could delete the entire C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder with no worries. The sim will rebuild a new one on start up.

Hi Doug.

so I finally found the problem child. It was two. The Lorby programme needs updating every time there’s a modification so it mirrors the scenery config.

i uninstalled GB South. It ran smooth again. I reinstalled BG South, ran everything again and then went to the sim. Same slow load (only a minute or 2 stuck at 6%. The same frame rate issue was back though. So it’s GB South.  It’s killing the frames. I don’t have anything set to high. I would have thought with my system specs that it would be able to handle it. Was I overconfident?

Archived