LEBB update issues

8 hours ago, rafgath said:

It's fine on my side. I have only 2 files:

LEBB_ADEP4_SL_NoStatics.bgl

LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl.off

but problem with performance still exists

Thanks

Alright, first of all, turn off all options for LEBB in the configurator.

Also, note that higher autogen drawing distance & shadows drawing distance/quality will most likely have a big impact on frames.

1. What kind of fps-drop are you experiencing? Is it when at the airport or on approach?

2. Is it daytime / nighttime?

3. If you had Bilbao prior to the update, what was your frames before the service pack?

4. Do you have any other scenery that may cause an issue in the area?

5. Do you use any addon AI-package?

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Alright, first of all, turn off all options for LEBB in the configurator.

Also, note that higher autogen drawing distance & shadows drawing distance/quality will most likely have a big impact on frames.

1. What kind of fps-drop are you experiencing? Is it when at the airport or on approach?

2. Is it daytime / nighttime?

3. If you had Bilbao prior to the update, what was your frames before the service pack?

4. Do you have any other scenery that may cause an issue in the area?

5. Do you use any addon AI-package?

1. Please find screenshots attached showing FPS at LEBB and KSAN with the same parameters.

2. No matter

3. The same like in other ORBX airport 60fps

4. No. I have installed only Global, vector, Open LC (Europe, America), trees and ORBX and JustSim Airports

5.Yes I have installed Global Traffic but FPS were poor before installation traffic.

Turning off all options doesn't change anything.

Regards,

2019-5-9_7-51-20-638.jpg

2019-5-9_7-55-21-656.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

This is very interesting, 

David, maybe check if this happened to you as well? @David Mooney

Im afraid that's wayyyyyyyy past my computing ability im afraid, I wouldn't know what files are were lol! But im sure something or someone will figure it out :-)

On 5/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, rafgath said:

1. Please find screenshots attached showing FPS at LEBB and KSAN with the same parameters.

2. No matter

3. The same like in other ORBX airport 60fps

4. No. I have installed only Global, vector, Open LC (Europe, America), trees and ORBX and JustSim Airports

5.Yes I have installed Global Traffic but FPS were poor before installation traffic.

Turning off all options doesn't change anything.

Regards,

I seriously have no clue why a few people have such bad FPS.

My only guess now would be that it's something in combination with vector, I'll try some settings to see if i can replicate your issue.

Might just add that 45 fps is very good for LEBB, but I understand that in comparsion with your KSAN experience they feel low.

update:

Just did some tests with maxed out settings in vector and ran KSAN and LEBB, and even though not as big difference as for you KSAN has better frames for sure. Matteo has done an incredible job optimizing that scenery.

So from my end it seems like your experience might not be that far off what is expected, Bilbao is very complex with the terrain, all custom buildings and the terminal itself that is a very polygon intense structure.

However, when setting vector to a bit more modest settings, which i usually use, the fps are quite close between KSAN and LEBB.

you might wanna give that a try.

All options enabled in Vector:

186240512_Prepar3D2019-05-1119-42-58.thumb.png.c43ea2916e8474e218f40806298482a4.png1808133609_Prepar3D2019-05-1119-41-29.thumb.png.5c05f559bc7601fae25b0f836d3a6703.png

With lower settings in Vector:

952513785_Prepar3D2019-05-1119-54-27.thumb.png.e9987ae87394cae153aab35ee4fb715f.png1541193840_Prepar3D2019-05-1119-50-18.thumb.png.de8bb0dff4e3bf1bea4cef6e25509e28.png

Hello.
I also have the same problem, installed lebb yesterday and achieves very bad fps. (ow 757 rwy 30 = 10fps) I have many addons, also ESSA, but no problems with them. I have a number of addons also from ORBX, but not vector (UTX Eu) I bought this because I took it for granted that all ORBX scenery is good. Somethings must be wrong.   Thor Henning 

11 hours ago, Thor Henning Paulsen said:

Hello.
I also have the same problem, installed lebb yesterday and achieves very bad fps. (ow 757 rwy 30 = 10fps) I have many addons, also ESSA, but no problems with them. I have a number of addons also from ORBX, but not vector (UTX Eu) I bought this because I took it for granted that all ORBX scenery is good. Somethings must be wrong.   Thor Henning 

Hey Thor,

Obviously something is not working as attended for a few of you & I'm trying to figure it out but as I can not replicate your issue all I can do is to aim and shoot in the dark to find a solution.

The only way we can solve this is by you troubleshooting for me. I would be happy if anyone having these extreme issues can comply to the troubleshooting guide so maybe I can track what files cause you an issue. The new LEBB is more advanced then the previous version so depending on your settings, a FPS-loss is natural, but if you experience 10 fps when you had 50 in the previous version, something is obviously wrong.

First of all:

1. If not done so, uninstall the scenery, make sure the LEBB folder is removed from P3D/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/

2. Check what frames you get at LEBB now

3. Reinstall the scenery

If you already did the reinstallation, please go to your scenery library and untick the scenery from the list and check the frames and report back.

4. Send me screenshots of your P3D visual settings.

Then let's do this:

1. Turn off all options in the config tool for LEBB. Try it in the simulator and see what frames you are getting. I assume you will still have an issue, otherwise congratulations!. I need to know if the FPS-loss is permanent all over the scenery or just at the airport. Do you have the same experience a few miles off when on approach?

2. Go to your SODE-folder at probably located at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml and move ORBX_LEBB.xml to another folder that is outside the SODE / P3D folder structure so its not active.

Then go to C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects and move the folder ORBX_LEBB to another folder that is outside the SODE / P3D folder structure so its not active.

Try starting P3D and see if this helped, otherwise move on to the next step. You can let the files be left in their temporary folders as long.

3. Might it be the terrain that is causing it? Let's start with disabling everything involving terrain.

Try moving the following files and place them in a folder outside of P3D so they are not active.

000_excludedefault.bgl

000_harbour_exclude.bgl

000_harbour_fix.bgl

000_z_exclude_lights.bgl

0_Hole.bgl

a_bilbao_mesh_1.bgl

CVX_A_LEBB_Flattens_CVX.bgl

CVX_flatten.bgl

CVX_flatten_harbour_river.bgl

CVX_LEBB_Water_EXL.bgl

CVX_PROJECT.bgl

CVX_roads.bgl

e_Bilbao_Mesh_10m_1.bgl -> e_Bilbao_Mesh_10m_5.bgl (all files in between)

exclude_stream.bgl

flatten.bgl

flatten_51m.bgl

flattens_harbour.bgl

LEBB_ADEP3_MN_CVX.bgl

LEBB_ADEP4_SL_NoStatics.bgl/off

LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl/off

Did your FPS turn up to more normal levels now?

If so, try adding the files again, one by one. You must restart between adding files, this is important. 

Let me know what file is causing your performance drop.

3. If that didn't help. Let's move the files that adds the satellite imagery and ground details:

Bilbao_30cm,bgl

Bilbao_60cm_A1.bgl -> Bilbao_60cm_B3.bgl (all files in between)

Bilbao_PS_1m_Approach.bgl

LEBB_PLC_Oil.bgl

LEBB_Rain_GP_P3D.bgl

ORBX_LEBB_GP_P3D_Objectflow.xml

LEBB_GP_LIB_P3D.bgl

If so, try adding the files again, one by one. You must restart between adding files, this is important. 

4. If not, let's remove the buildings as well:

ALL files namned something with:

LEBB_2018_XXXXXXX.bgl

LEBB_2019_XXXXXXX.bgl

Also, make sure of this:

1. If you are running ANY AI addon tool, please make sure that is not causing the issue. A few of the major ones are adding their own data for airports which WILL cause an issue and most be disabled manually.

2. If you are running any other scenery that may in any way conflict with LEBB, please let me know.

I have just tried updating to the newest version of P3D and this has made it worse, so I have come to the conclusion that simming isn't for me anymore, its not worth the effort or wasted. 

Firstly id like to commend all the Orbx team on trying to find the issue, but until a stable works for all with XX specifications for each product (this could be an issue with P3D) then its a waste of money. I have spent lots of money on a new system 5.2Ghz and 1080Ti and now I cant run LEBB with more than 12FPS...……..

Id love for the developers to get together and find a way to make P3D a lot easier and less system specific so people aren't wasting their money.

Please don't take this a tyrannical attack on yourselfs (Orbx) but one on the entire system of simming, it needs to change.

Once again, thanks for your efforts but that's me done with the sim world...………..  

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello David,

it seems a pity that you are giving up when Marcus is trying so hard to help you out.

Perhaps take a day or two off and then return.

This is no slight on anyone, but whether its a P3D issue or not that someone can have the same system or less than me but get better FPS is beyond me. The issue is that now with simming that you need to be a super computer wizard to get it working, rather than it uploading and working. 

You're correct and I am grateful that Marcus is working on it, but that doesn't take away the fact i'm paying for things that I cant use (again, this isn't directed at Orbx as others have the same issues with other developer's software).  

On 5/16/2019 at 9:17 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey Thor,

Obviously something is not working as attended for a few of you & I'm trying to figure it out but as I can not replicate your issue all I can do is to aim and shoot in the dark to find a solution.

The only way we can solve this is by you troubleshooting for me. I would be happy if anyone having these extreme issues can comply to the troubleshooting guide so maybe I can track what files cause you an issue. The new LEBB is more advanced then the previous version so depending on your settings, a FPS-loss is natural, but if you experience 10 fps when you had 50 in the previous version, something is obviously wrong.

First of all:

1. If not done so, uninstall the scenery, make sure the LEBB folder is removed from P3D/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/

2. Check what frames you get at LEBB now

3. Reinstall the scenery

If you already did the reinstallation, please go to your scenery library and untick the scenery from the list and check the frames and report back.

4. Send me screenshots of your P3D visual settings.

Then let's do this:

1. Turn off all options in the config tool for LEBB. Try it in the simulator and see what frames you are getting. I assume you will still have an issue, otherwise congratulations!. I need to know if the FPS-loss is permanent all over the scenery or just at the airport. Do you have the same experience a few miles off when on approach?

2. Go to your SODE-folder at probably located at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml and move ORBX_LEBB.xml to another folder that is outside the SODE / P3D folder structure so its not active.

Then go to C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects and move the folder ORBX_LEBB to another folder that is outside the SODE / P3D folder structure so its not active.

Try starting P3D and see if this helped, otherwise move on to the next step. You can let the files be left in their temporary folders as long.

3. Might it be the terrain that is causing it? Let's start with disabling everything involving terrain.

Try moving the following files and place them in a folder outside of P3D so they are not active.

000_excludedefault.bgl

000_harbour_exclude.bgl

000_harbour_fix.bgl

000_z_exclude_lights.bgl

0_Hole.bgl

a_bilbao_mesh_1.bgl

CVX_A_LEBB_Flattens_CVX.bgl

CVX_flatten.bgl

CVX_flatten_harbour_river.bgl

CVX_LEBB_Water_EXL.bgl

CVX_PROJECT.bgl

CVX_roads.bgl

e_Bilbao_Mesh_10m_1.bgl -> e_Bilbao_Mesh_10m_5.bgl (all files in between)

exclude_stream.bgl

flatten.bgl

flatten_51m.bgl

flattens_harbour.bgl

LEBB_ADEP3_MN_CVX.bgl

LEBB_ADEP4_SL_NoStatics.bgl/off

LEBB_ADEP4_SL_Statics.bgl/off

3. If that didn't help. Let's move the files that adds the satellite imagery and ground details:

Bilbao_30cm,bgl

Bilbao_60cm_A1.bgl -> Bilbao_60cm_B3.bgl (all files in between)

Bilbao_PS_1m_Approach.bgl

LEBB_PLC_Oil.bgl

LEBB_Rain_GP_P3D.bgl

ORBX_LEBB_GP_P3D_Objectflow.xml

LEBB_GP_LIB_P3D.bgl

4. If not, let's remove the buildings as well:

ALL files namned something with:

LEBB_2018_XXXXXXX.bgl

LEBB_2019_XXXXXXX.bgl

Also, make sure of this:

1. If you are running ANY AI addon tool, please make sure that is not causing the issue. A few of the major ones are adding their own data for airports which WILL cause an issue and most be disabled manually.

2. If you are running any other scenery that may in any way conflict with LEBB, please let me know.

Hey, Marcus.
Thank you very much for taking the time.
I performed step 1 and turned off all options and then it worked well. (PMDG NGX, RWY 12 about 23 FPS cockpit) PS, I had no previous version of LEBB.

Great to hear Thor that it helped. Someone had big FPS losses with the grass in combination with dynamic lights so maybe that was the issue then.

for everyone else replying to this topic I just wanted to let you know that I’m away on vacation until early June and will not be able to give any further support until I’m back. So you don’t feel abandoned!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Do you know why there is a "test.bgl" in the directory !?

Thx.

ps : for information, i have no problem of FPS with this new version (around 30 fps) (with maximun details ON and "unlimited frame rate" of course, but with just a PA28....not A320)

1 hour ago, StephaneS said:

Hello,

Do you know why there is a "test.bgl" in the directory !?

Thx.

ps : for information, i have no problem of FPS with this new version (around 30 fps) (with maximun details ON and "unlimited frame rate" of course, but with just a PA28....not A320)

Can’t remember from the top of my head what it does, probably a mesh correction. Sometimes I name files that I use while drafting new features or corrections with test or temp or similar and when it works straight away I forget sometimes to rename them to something more telling. Anyway the files are only intended to be changed by me so I haven’t really put the much thought to it as no one else really need to understand it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Marcus, i have the same strange issue in frames with the new version too, with the old Version is all fine. I have no Vector installed, i am use 3 Tv Setup with viewgroups. But i am happy with the old version. 

I hope you find that bottleneck.

Having the same issue here as well. Strangely enough it seems the frames drop more in the VC view than in the external view. 

Takeoff from Rey 30 yesterday in in the FSLabs 320 was extremely low frame rate, but as soon as the wheels left the ground the frame rate went back up to its normal fluidity. 

• 2 weeks later...

Same Issue here with GTI1080, 9900i@5.0 and 32gb RAM

I guess that instead of looking for occasional tricks to improve performance, the developer should state that "patch is in works". There are way too many customers who reported the issue.

Thanks!

Hi all,

on my way to my vacation at the moment but just wanted to give a quick comment before going of the grid for a few weeks.

as we can’t replicate the issue that is being mentioned you guys need to help me find where you loose all the frames. Please note that we are talking about huge FPS drops in certain spots in the scenery, if you just have overall lower frames I advice you to untick the extra options in FTC central for Lebb and lower your P3D settings.

I’ve already added a guide higher up in this thread on how to do the testing but sadly no one has so far replied with testing.

you can also do a 50/50 testing if you prefer, where you temporarily remove half of the files in FTX_AA_LEBB/scenery folder and then if you still have the issue, try removing the other half instead and I assume you will loose the issue, then take half of those files and do the same until you have isolated the files that are causing the issue.

I would love to solve this and the only way to do that is that you guys help out otherwise we can not do anything as no one in our testing team has this experience.

we are sorry for asking for the help but please note that this issue only seems to happen to a very small amount of customers and we can’t really do anything right now as we can’t get the issue to appear on our platforms.

Please remember to restart the simulator in between the files being removed.

cheers

marcus

Archived