Problems with my pc

Well i have a few problems with my pc last week i decided to delete my old orbx areas and airports from my spare hard drive a lot of orbx programes that i do not need any more because of the new installer we have now.

well yesterday i went to put a airport on to p3dv4.4 and all my airports from other company about 60 to 70 for Europe and the usa and i found they had gone and i contacted my friend that does work for me on my pc ans sent me a program to scan my pc for files ect it has been running since yesterday and it is still going as of this morning left it on all night and it had found 3511954 files it had done 3 of 6 and i just left it scanning when i went out this morning i think it will take till tomorrow i just hope i can get them back if not i have a lot of downloading to do but i got tem from several companys world wide ans i lost all my reg numbers as well well i just wish i had not deleted the old orbx airports i just did not realise i had deleted all my other airports .

does any one know of any other program that i could use to get them back i am not at home at the moment and on my laptop regards 

Sorry to hear this Stewart.  I would invest in an external hard drive after this and use a good backup/restore program for just such a problem.  What does this scanning program actually besides scan?  Will it scan and restore?  I hope you get it sorted soon.

Are the files in your Recycle Bin, though?

I think deleted files can be recovered as long as you didnt write lots of stuff to the disk afterward?  Like this kind of thing:  https://beebom.com/how-recover-deleted-files-windows-10/

Keeping your registrations in a little text file on Dropbox or OneDrive or whatever is a good way to not lose them.  You can even back up your downloaded sceneries.  Then even if something really bad happens to your house, your files are safe. :)

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sorry to hear this Stewart.  I would invest in an external hard drive after this and use a good backup/restore program for just such a problem.  What does this scanning program actually besides scan?  Will it scan and restore?  I hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks Jack i will do on Monday  just got to download them again never mind regards EMM

2 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

That’s what you call a bummer. I have copies of Fltsim stuff on a 1tb external Ssd though not my Orbx items. Didn’t think we should have to do that with having FTX Central or perhaps I should. Derek.

Thanks Dadtom65 and you are right a bummer i deleted my old orbx areas and all my airports i know i would not of deleted my airports in the folder but i must of done i download a update for a airport went to put it in the folder on my spare drive and it had gone scanned my pc for 21 hrs and just got files back no folders so i am downloading all my airports again keep me occupied for the weekend and have to find all the reg numbers regards EMM  stewart  

56 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

Are the files in your Recycle Bin, though?

I think deleted files can be recovered as long as you didnt write lots of stuff to the disk afterward?  Like this kind of thing:  https://beebom.com/how-recover-deleted-files-windows-10/

Keeping your registrations in a little text file on Dropbox or OneDrive or whatever is a good way to not lose them.  You can even back up your downloaded sceneries.  Then even if something really bad happens to your house, your files are safe. :)

Thanks the folder for orbx was to big for the recycle bin my friend that does my pc sent me a program to scan it took 21 hrs and just got files back i just do not know how i deleted them so i am going to download them  all again and thanks for your help my friend regards EMM stewart

Archived