GB South Crash after loading XP 11 Flight

I installed  TrueEarth GB South scenery onto a working fresh install of Xplane 11. I set up a flight out of Bournemouth Airport. The flight loaded up to the point that the aircraft was sitting on the runway, with scenery, then XP 11 crashed with the following message (see screenshot below). I have attempted the same thing after a re-boot with the same result.1321327946_MWSnap_30632019-03-2107_35_03.thumb.jpg.d97498db98575806c58e8636c8decd9c.jpg

OK, will do...

I don't have any plugins or any other scenery. I did however attempt to install GB North, that also failed with the same message. I then un-installed it using FTX Central 3, before attempting to install GB South. I have the Aerosoft release of Xplane11, the installer for that comes on 9 DVDs and includes some Aerosoft airports.

Right, I deleted the old log file, I tried again with a standard Xplane Cessna on the runway at Bournemouth. This time I got as far as half way down the runway before it crashed, same error message. I'm including the new log file for you.

Log.txt

Honestly, I'd be lying if I said I knew what was causing this. It looks like a driver crash to me and not something in the scenery itself, but the log files don't reveal much and the only person who could tell us what is going on is Laminar Research.

Some suggestions

1) Run the X-Plane 11 updater and make sure you're on the latest version of X-Plane. This will also install any missing files

2) Disable TE scenery and see if the problem persists in the default scenery

3) Submit the full report to Laminar Research if this still continues (They are normally very good and will reply and make sense of the error message)

Since this is just related to your machine at present (as nobody else seems to have reported similar), I'm leaning towards a corrupt install or driver issue.

OK, thanks for trying. I have tried disabling the TE scenery and the sim runs normally, so it is something specific to this scenery.

I will try contacting Orbis about it.

FYI, I am also a developer, but one of the partners in the Run8 Train simulator. Actually the artist not a coder :D

Hello,

even the error message is asking you to contact Laminar research.

I would also ask you to consider that you are, so far, the only customer

to report this and that it cannot be replicated elsewhere.

Usually, when searching error messages, there are numerous results.

In the case of "OGL_vertex_stream.cpp:406". there are none at all in

these forums, the X Plane forums and one found by Google that is on the

Steam forum as nothing but a copy and paste, is it yours?.

No expert here but this my input for what it is worth.

Pretty sure it is an OpenGL shader crash which would likely mean graphics driver or windows driver or just an edge case bug using OPs drivers within Xplane

I note the OP has mobile version of windows installed, I would ensure all the drivers are updated for that and then ensure latest GPU driver is installed.

It seems the OP is running the latest version of Xplane already so he could try deleting the contents of the shaders folder DRIVE LETTER:\X-Plane 11\Resources\shaders but not the actual folder and then running the Xplane installer again to rebuild it.

I searched Xplane forum and came up with this where other people had similar shader crashes, some got resolved, it may just be Laminar still need to do some more bug fixing.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/160887-known-to-laminar-1130b1-bugs/&page=1

Archived