True Earth UK South SP1 big FPS hit for me!!!!

muso7

• 3 weeks later...

It's been over a month since the developer took a break - that is quite a long break... In the meantime central has been updated, and I am not downloading it until South's problems have been resolved.

If we had any news at all that would be great.  Just to remind you, I am not asking for a fix, just the possibility to roll back to pre sp1 while the fix is done.  

On 6/11/2019 at 9:00 PM, sunjunkiesi said:

It's been over a month since the developer took a break - that is quite a long break... In the meantime central has been updated, and I am not downloading it until South's problems have been resolved.

If we had any news at all that would be great.  Just to remind you, I am not asking for a fix, just the possibility to roll back to pre sp1 while the fix is done.  

Ditto

Thanks for clarifying Tony. I am only suffering a small FPS hit with 32GB RAM, but I assumed it was the new PBR with its concomitant reflection and radiosity effects doing it.

Trees eh? Who'd have thought!

Thanks for the update, glad you've got to the root of the problem, wood the same issue apply to SP1 for Uk central as I haven't updated that yet as I dont want to be sycamore low frame rates.

14 hours ago, Tezza said:

Thanks for the update, glad you've got to the root of the problem, wood the same issue apply to SP1 for Uk central as I haven't updated that yet as I dont want to be sycamore low frame rates.

It does yes, although to a lesser extent. So both will need updates.

13 hours ago, sunjunkiesi said:

I've got 32GB of RAM, 4.7ghz 8600k and a 1080ti.  I would humbly suggest it is something other than RAM.

Can you please give me some more information about what is happening for you and in which areas (i.e. Around which airports etc). Also, please let me know which settings you are running on.

I'm running/testing TE on a similar setup (but with a 1070), and I have no major difference between SP1 and the previous one in regards to performance, but on a system I tried with 16GB, there was a difference around the leafy areas close to London where the only major changes between SP1 and the previous are the more accurate tree placement and the PBR autogen.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Tony, I Was on a break this time ;)

On 6/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, tonywob said:

Can you please give me some more information about what is happening for you and in which areas (i.e. Around which airports etc). Also, please let me know which settings you are running on.

First of all this is an HTC Vive.  This is a VR related issue to I am not sure if you are testing VR or just 2d.

I am running on;

Visual Effects:Low

Texture Quality:High

Antialiasing:2

Reflection detail:Minimal

Draw shadows is off as is Parked Aircraft.

I have missed world objects, as this slider makes no difference unless it is off.  If it is on any setting from low to max, no matter where I am in the south of the UK, I get massive frame rate drops every 2-3 seconds with an associated stutter that makes VR flying uncomfortable.  I do not get these issues in other areas, orthoxp or any other form of scenery, and I didn't have these issues prior to SP1.  Using twickvr as recommended by JV I can watch the sudden drops then slow build back up of frame rates as I am flying.  It is definitely worse over built up areas which is why I was suspecting roads.  Transparent or ORBx roads makes no difference.  When flying over other scenery type areas, twickvr is showing a steady 45fps, and in default scenery I am getting steady 90fps. 

Archived