Spad next.

Dadtom65

Just trying to find out who uses this software in their Fltsims and what it’s like. As have been using the other one, software that is and my son says that I have to setup different settings for different aircraft. This is for P3D. Which I found to be a pain as I kept forgetting what to do next. I’m one of those that can not be bothered to setup controls for every button and switch. I just want the basics. Does anyone just use the P3D software. I do like the Xplane controller software as you can see what switch, button or axis you are programming. Please don’t start this is better than that software as it will get shut down. Thank you. Derek.

Derek, I use Spad neXt for my Saitek Pro Flight Instrument Panels, it is great.

Easy to assign gauges and it will ask you if you select a new plane not previously connected and will "Assign" the software to that new plane on one click.

You can get some different gauges from FSXTimes  see http://store.fsxtimes.com/  I use his gauges as they are better than the default Saitek ones.

You can PM me if you want assistance or more information.

Cheers

Ken

I use and love Spad Next, but I have mostly Saitek panels, and  the TPM unit.  I do not use it for non-Saitek gear, though I understand, as Ken Terry notes, that you can.  One of the great thing I like about this utility is that it makes networking very easy; I run all my Saitek stuff on a separate client computer freeing up the FS computer to run the simulator  (I run eleven FIPs, which requires a lot of computer resources). It is very easy to set up individual profiles for different aircraft. For many of the other controls I use FSUIPC.  This makes assigning buttons and switches easy, and offers far more options than are otherwise available. For example, you can assign fuel management to select fuel tanks with the Desktop Aviator fuel panel, or a button to turn on the Mode C transponder when flying on Pilot Edge.  It can be used to calibrate controllers, but I have not done so.  You can also set up different profiles for different aircraft with this program.  I use a combination of these two, plus the native FSX control menus together to run my sim.

Ken

Hi Derek, I set up my Saitek pro flight switchgear panels and also my vrinsight mcp Boeing combo in xplane the other day... all good

For the saitek panels I just installed thier 64bit plugin for the pro flight kit (no xfuipc or spad) and placed it in the xp plug-ins folder & it worked straight off....also once you get your head around programming via the xplane button /profiler it is all very straight forward and you can set it all up to your taste... Cheers Capt P

• 7 months later...

I find the support on Spad non existent. I have no idea how people like it, as there is zero support or information on how to use it. 

Check out there FB page last post 2017 

Tried using the forum posted 5 questions only 2 responses with another question which I answered and no further replies.

Youtube videos are useless as they miss many steps which stops you going further.

Defiantly try before wasting money on Spad  

Hi Captain Allan, and welcome to the forums.

Have you seen the "Getting Started" .PDF file?  It's not perfect; for example I can't find out how to use LVARs on a networked system (I have FSX on one computer, SPAD on another).  But it does help greatly in setting up and using the program.  I have attached the file below; hopefully you can open it

Ken

SPAD.neXt Getting Started.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Archived