drive1954

Drive1954

Hi.

:)Thank you fro the superb scenery EU England and Global Range for FSX boxed.  The only problem is my computer shows "you computer has run out of accessible memory".  I use PMDG 737-800 mostly.

I would like to add more ORBX to increase my scenery but I don't know how to solve this problem.

My computer :

Intel Core (TM) i5 - 4430 cpu 3.00ghz.  8gb Ram.  64 bit operating system.  Windows 7.   1TB hard drive.

I don't know if my system needs upgrading or I could just free up space on the hard drive.

If I transferred my orbx in FSX folder  using junction link majic to an external hard drive would this improve performance and give the software more available space on the hard drive.  Would I be better transferring any folders or delete them and re-download them to the new external hard drive.

I know very little about setting up computers, I just enjoy the technicalities of the flights.

I would be very grateful if I could get some help on this matter.

Many thanks

David

Hardware Settings.docx

Hi David,  Welcome to the forums

What you are experiencing is commonly called an OOM (out of memory) this has nothing to do with the PC hardware memory, it is an issue that exists because FSX is a 32bit program and can only utilize up to 4gb of VAS (virtual address space)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_address_space   below is a topic with more info.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the very quick reply.

Yours scenery software is the best I have come across and I am determined to make this work.

I have just viewed the topics regarding FSX and as you say FSX is the main problem.

I have pd3 on my system as well as FSX but have not used it much and have no pmdg pd3 aircraft.  I have had problems with fsrecorder and pd3 in the past. 

If I ran pd3 instead of FSX which I know is dated and invested in some new pmdg aircraft do you think it would run smoother with ORBX because it is 64 bit.

I have many uk2000 airports and I know they run on both FSX and pd3.  Is that the same for Obix. or would I need to download the pd3 version.

Thanks again.

David

6 minutes ago, Drive1954 said:

Is that the same for Obix. or would I need to download the pd3 version.

Yes, you will need to use the P3D version but all your Orbx products are available with installers for all versions of FSX and P3D at no extra charge.

Please keep in mind that it is P3Dv4 that is 64bit...P3Dv3 is still a 32bit app and still suffers with the OOM issues.

Hello,

Just to help you decide what to do next:

The Orbx policy of not charging extra for products from FSX to P3D v4

is not followed across the range of payware flight simulator addons.

Indeed, to gain compatibility with P3D v4, some products must be bought again

for the full FSX price and sometimes for even more than the full FSX price.

If you have addon models from Fs9 which work in FSX, whether aircraft or scenery,

P3D v4 is completely intolerant of them.

They will not work and they will cause P3D v4 to stop working.

Hi, thanks again for you help.

I will try the Prepar V4 and see if being able to use all the ram will make the difference.

I intend to purchase more Orbx scenery if this works. 

Is it possible to download Orbx to an external hard drive using a sympathetic link to save hard drive space.  I have a 1TB hard drive but if I could have all my Orbx on a SSd that would be better.

Thanks again.

David

Archived