Southhampton ATIS

Nosferatu

This has been bugging me and I believe I have the answer!

Firstly, all of X-Plane is now 8.33khz aware.

Secondly, if the developers have not specified a frequency, then the ATIS/AWOS will not work.

I put the default EGHI from Laminar into WED (latest beta) and amended the frequency (see the screen shot below) to agree the ATIS now specified on SkyVector. Tuning the COM radio now brings up the ATIS information in the 8.33khz band. I tried it with the Aerobask Robin G1000, but it should work on any COM system now, including the GTN650 etc.

The solution seems to be that if the developer has specified a particular frequency for ATIS, then they need to make that clear. I don't have ORBX EGHI and I'm not sure if it is this that you are having difficulty with, but an approach to the ORBX team should solve it methinks.

Let me know how you get on?  Screen shot showing my modification to the default EGHI below, as mentioned above.

7cSe2En.jpg

22 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

How do I open the ORBX scenery in WED? Not having much luck with it.

You'd need to open the apt.dat file in the Earth Nav Data directory and amend it there.

However it may be disabled or copyrighted so you cannot alter it without breaching the licence conditions. I think an ORBX bod will need to see this and I am hoping Nick Cooper and / or Tony Wob can shed some light on how to enable the ATIS and whether it can be written into the scenery if not already done.

Archived