EGPB XP11 copy and paste error in user manual

paulskpt2

Just a short feedback. No problem with the product. Jjust a little text thing.

Today I bought EGPB Sumburgh airport for X-Plane 11. I already own the version for Prepar3D.

After downloading and installing the scenery I opened the user manual. I saw the following error on page 4 (see attached screenshot 2704: in the blue colored section the text starts with:

"Please note that without ppurchasing and installing TrueEarth Great Britain South for X-Plane 11"

In the e-mail that ORBX sent me today to let me know that the EGPB scenery now also was available for X-Plane 11 (see the attached screenshot 2705). The text in this announcement starts with:

"EGPB Sumburgh Airport is the first ever airport for X-Plane 11 designed to integrate with TrueEarth GB North and it's now available to purchase!" 

I guess the error in the user manual for the X-Plane 11 version is a "copy and paste" error.

Schermopname (2704).png

Schermopname (2705).png

Hi @Traveller , yes I have them all three South, Central and North. I don't understand what you mean by "have the road traffic aligned". Do you mean to have set the "Transparent road textures" in the FTX Central 3 Control Panel of the TEGB South, Central and North sceneries? (like in the attached image)?

ORBX_FTX_Central3_TEGB_N_XP11_Control_Panel_setting.jpg

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

mainly though the traffic is aligned, isn't it?

This airport includes its surroundings.

It is true. The traffic follows its route, but the texture of the roadway has a little shifting ...
Never mind. It's only a remark.

Cheers,

You're welcome.
I'm flying around Sumburgh, sometimes well above the airport, sometimes along the Island.
That's why I saw the cars following a route that did not coincide with the roadway, especially this one adjacent to the airport.
But we leave it there.
Thank you buddy.:)

This was mentioned in testing but the deviations are very small in the overall scheme of things and when you're concentrating on flying an approach or a pattern the cars should be just peripheral things in the corner of your vision. 

For me I would prefer about 1/10th the number of cars going around the airfield as the constant stream of cars is unlikely to be realistic in such a remote location :)

Excuse me, I started this topic about a typo in the user manual (see the title of this topic). Not about problems with the scenery itself.

It was just a means to inform ORBX as a feedback. 

So, I appreaciate that if someone likes to continue discussion about problems with the scenery, he/she can start a new topic .

Thank you.

Archived