how to migrate Steam XP11 with TEGBS to new SSD?

craigeaglefire

hi,

i am just installing a new 4TB flightsim SSD,

i believe i know via Steam how to migrate the XP11:SE installation...

my question is will this also migrate my Orbx TEGBS which resides in the XP11:SE Scenery Folder?

your help & tips would be most appreciated & i am trying to save another download of TEGBS...

best regards,

craig

I don't use Steam version but I don't see why the migration would not take ALL the contents of your XP folder. Not knowing the full Steam file structure for XP but does it not live in the Steamapps/common folder? If so it should therefore take all that folders contents. You could always separate the Steamapps folder, reload/reinstall Steam and then drop your copy of Steamapps back into the new Steam installation. That's what I do whenever I move Steam to different disks (not for XP but a racing game).

Hello,

just so, if you follow the Steam guide for moving a steam library, it includes

moving all your games to the new location yourself, so all the files will be

moved together.

The following instructions are a simple way to move your Steam installation along with your games:

1. Exit the Steam client application.
  2. Browse to the Steam installation folder for the Steam installation you would like to move (C:\Program Files\Steam by default).
  3. Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps & Userdata folders and Steam.exe
  4. Cut and paste the whole Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\
  5. Launch Steam and log into your account.

Steam will briefly update and then you will be logged into your account. For installed games, verify your game cache files and you will be ready to play. All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder (D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\ in this example)

Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

When you run X Plane 11 from the new location, a new entry will be written to the file that FTX Central checks and it will automatically find the new location

Thanks guys,

i will be initiating a dedicated XP11 Steam Library folder on my new 4TB drive...

seems as tho’ will all work seamlessly...

then i cannot wait to install Valentine Orbx sale extra XP11 goodies!

(then migrate/install P3Dv4.5 when available)...

my new SSD 4TB drive will almost be half full soon...

;) craig

Archived