Loading time, TrueEarth GB South P3D

BrianV

Hi, just trying to load TrueEarth GB South in Compton Abbas but my P3D loading times has increased significantly (stuck at the dreaded 6%) by about x10-longer when compared to FTX England.  I suspected the shaders could cause the issue, so cleaned them and also the scenery library but this did not improve the loading time. Should I expect much longer loading times with TrueEarth GB than with England? Any advice, much appreciated. The Compton Abbas parking position still puts the plane in a hole in the ground, but there was a fix for FTX England which might still solve this, or will there be P3D updates coming to upgrade the airports?

Thanks

Brian

18 minutes ago, BrianV said:

Hi, just trying to load TrueEarth GB South in Compton Abbas but my P3D loading times has increased significantly (stuck at the dreaded 6%) by about x10-longer when compared to FTX England.  I suspected the shaders could cause the issue, so cleaned them and also the scenery library but this did not improve the loading time. Should I expect much longer loading times with TrueEarth GB than with England? Any advice, much appreciated. The Compton Abbas parking position still puts the plane in a hole in the ground, but there was a fix for FTX England which might still solve this, or will there be P3D updates coming to upgrade the airports?

Thanks

Brian

Loading times are long due to a coding hangover from FSX where the sim for some reason checks library files against every scenery layer active in the sim.

The solution is to use a freeware or other scenery manager to untick all scenery layers you won't be needing for the flight.

My loading time is over 6 minutes when all scenery layers active, if I just have the EG airports and the EU scenery regions ticked, it's under 2 minutes.

Load Times,

One other thing I found.  I use Windows 10 1080TI and intel 7700k.  I changed from standard antivirus to Trend Micro.  It absolutely hates p3d  v 4.4 load times.  4 times longer.   Check your antivirus software isn't slowing down the system.  I turn my off for load on p3d v4.  

Archived