Disabling ORBX scenery?

SimFlyer15

Hi!  New GA simmer here and although I've had XP11 since release, I have spent little time with it.  No prior XP experience and only really did Rod Machado's tutorials in FSX years and years ago.

I've been excited for the release of the GB series for XP11 and ORBX and just purchased GB Central alongside some GA flight sim peripherals in order to enjoy GA flying better.  However, I cannot appreciate the ORBX stuff for the sim since I do not have XP default scenery for reference.  Is there a way to install ORBX GB Central and then enable/disable it in order to make comparison screenshots?  I don't want to have to install/uninstall everytime I want to do a comparison in different locations in the sim.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to XP. 

Yes you can easily disable custom scenery without uninstalling.

Go to your XPlane/Custom Scenery folder. 

Open scenery_packs.ini with notepad

Add DISABLED_ to the front of each line  you want to disable ie the Orbx entries

Save the file and restart XPlane

Cheers

Thank you!  Please confirm if these are the correct lines?

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

So all 4 of them?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 4:25 PM, SimFlyer15 said:

Hi!  New GA simmer here and although I've had XP11 since release, I have spent little time with it.  No prior XP experience and only really did Rod Machado's tutorials in FSX years and years ago.

I've been excited for the release of the GB series for XP11 and ORBX and just purchased GB Central alongside some GA flight sim peripherals in order to enjoy GA flying better.  However, I cannot appreciate the ORBX stuff for the sim since I do not have XP default scenery for reference.  Is there a way to install ORBX GB Central and then enable/disable it in order to make comparison screenshots?  I don't want to have to install/uninstall everytime I want to do a comparison in different locations in the sim.

Thanks!

I look forward to seeing the comparison screenshots!

Archived