Corrupt Tile Great Britain North

shaunrainbow

Hi

I downloaded True Earth Great Britain North and have a corrupt (shows as a white rectangle) tile - a030xf6e0x17.DDS. Re running the installer to verify the installation claims that all is OK, even if I remove the offending tile.

I'm hoping that someone might have this tile which actually shows terrain in order for me to not have to re download 20GB of stuff for 1 tile.

Thanks in advance.

Shaun

This is weird, I see the same as Nick and the dds file is the same size as all the rest, HOWEVER, I use Xnview Classic to view dds files and this one opens but is blank, all the others open as normal and show photoscenery. I have no scenery installed other that x plane default and Orbx TrueEarth. Got me stumped.

I'm getting an error message for a different file name. Can't launch from Scotland at this time. Taken a look at the Custom Scenery Config and everything is in order there. Can't seem to figure it out.

Edit: trawled the terrain folder and have located the named file also. 

error.png

1 hour ago, Duane Hewitt said:

I'm getting an error message for a different file name. Can't launch from Scotland at this time. Taken a look at the Custom Scenery Config and everything is in order there. Can't seem to figure it out.

Edit: trawled the terrain folder and have located the named file also. 

Cancel, I've just read John's pinned post reference the error message. 

Probably this topic will help more than that one, since there are other reasons why the installation may not be complete.

This has nothing to do with the titleof the topic and adding a post to an unrelated topic is not the best way to attract support.

I can see this tile as well, it's not corrupt, but as such it seems that we don't have any imagery for this tile. I'm away from home at the moment, but will check what is going on again with them when I get back tomorrow. I don't have any corrupt tile around Glasgow airport, but this particular tile a030xf6e0 is likely a coastal area or small islet that has no imagery.

@shaunrainbow The white tile in question that you've showed is not the same one that is corrupt at Glasgow airport. Can you please go into the textures directory and order the entries by filesize. Check for any DDS files that are smaller than 11MB. It seems something has corrupted when you were doing the conversion and has produced a white area.

All the .DDS files should be the same size, if one of them is smaller then it would indicate a corruption when converting. I'm not seeing the same and also others aren't seeing this as well, so this would be my suggestion at the moment. If you see the corrupt any corrupt DDS files then please post here and we can move forward from there.

Archived