ESSA latest update issues and questions.

I just uninstalled ESSA and installed the latest version with the SODE jetways etc for P3Dv4.4. However, I have some issues compared to the previous version and also to the older version I still have in P3Dv3. Some issues are new.

Here they are:

1. The red light on top of the control tower is floating in the air (no antenna).

2. The 3D runway edge lights (white), runway threshold lights (red/green) and red ILS/localizer antennas are missing.

3. The Sky-City terminal window frames are bright white at night. The almost look backlit.

4. The fire fighting aircraft fuselage is missing. Also, the building next to the fire station in that same area.

5. The sign above terminal 2 is not backlit in blue at night like the other signs at the airport.

6. I am also experiencing "the ant war" (in some places), but will try the updated bgl-file later.

7. Gate F36 has 3 jetways. SODE does not move any of these. I have tried various AI aircraft that activate movement at other ESSA SODE gates.

Some of the above changes/differences from previous versions may be intentional. But I hope not and that they can be corrected/returned.

Cheers,

Stefan in Gothenburg, Sweden

5 minutes ago, Steve 66 said:

I just uninstalled ESSA and installed the latest version with the SODE jetways etc for P3Dv4.4. However, I have some issues compared to the previous version and also to the older version I still have in P3Dv3. Some issues are new.

Here they are:

1. The red light on top of the control tower is floating in the air (no antenna).

2. The 3D runway edge lights (white), runway threshold lights (red/green) and red ILS/localizer antennas are missing.

3. The Sky-City terminal window frames are bright white at night. The almost look backlit.

4. The fire fighting aircraft fuselage is missing. Also, the building next to the fire station in that same area.

5. The sign above terminal 2 is not backlit in blue at night like the other signs at the airport.

6. I am also experiencing "the ant war" (in some places), but will try the updated bgl-file later.

7. Gate F36 has 3 jetways. SODE does not move any of these. I have tried various AI aircraft that activate movement at other ESSA SODE gates.

Some of the above changes/differences from previous versions may be intentional. But I hope not and that they can be corrected/returned.

Cheers,

Hello Stefan,

to your Point 7. Sode is working. Look to my Topic in the Community Screenshots area.

the updated Stockholm Arlanda+Sode+AI

you are sure that the other points worked in the last Version of Arlanda?

Ok, it's not my Homeairport, I don't want't it perfekt. But the quality for an FREE update seems to be really good. The basic scenery is quite old.

I will be really happy, if one developer will create my Homeairports in this quality.

Thanks Urmel

41 minutes ago, Steve 66 said:

Here they are:

Cheers,

Hi!

Just some comments on the things you've noticed.

1. Yes. I don't see this as a problem as from the apron it is not really something you take notice on, especially as it is on night time.

2. The 3D runway lights are removed. They stand for a large proportion of polygons for a scenery this size and does not add that much value so to save FPS, I had them removed. Other big developers do the same, Flightbeam for example.

3. Yes they are bright

4. I must have missed that. Will fix.

5. Didn't know it was lit up at night time. Might have a look at this in the future.

6. Good! Hope it helped, will patch it via the official installer soon.

7. They work perfect, try reinstalling SODE and ESSA if you have problems with the gates moving, or check if the aircraft has limitations.

Thanks for the report. I've highlighted the options I will address in the patch.

Thank you, enjoy.

Thanks for the feedback.

- I will try gate F36 with more aircraft types and see if they move. All other gates work fine and as per the other SODE topic/thread.

- For the 3D lights: For me this is a "must have" thing. It adds to the realism when taxiing into start position on the runway, and during take-off/landing. It was never a FPS problem on my 5 year old computer. I don't have any Flightbeam scenery, but have payware scenery from the other major developers. They all include these lights. Maybe you could include it as an option in a future update? I hope so:)

Happy flying,

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

@Marcus Nyberg

First let me thank you for this update, which made a great scenery even better, to be a fantastic piece of work now!

One small issue that has been overlooked during development:

Stop bars: In reality these NEVER show green lights, never ever! Think about it how confusing this would be during low vis operations: You follow green taxiway lights and all of a sudden you see additional green lights going left and right, letting you believe that you're crossing another taxiway. That would be extremely confusing!

Therefore ATC can NOT switch stop bars to green, they simply switch them OFF instead when cleared to enter or cross a runway! Stop bars are not equipped with green lights. So I hope you can change this with your stop bars as well in a small update? Don't worry, happens to best of you... I remember a certain hub called Schipol having had the same error after release :D

5 hours ago, mburkhard said:

@Marcus Nyberg

First let me thank you for this update, which made a great scenery even better, to be a fantastic piece of work now!

One small issue that has been overlooked during development:

Stop bars: In reality these NEVER show green lights, never ever! Think about it how confusing this would be during low vis operations: You follow green taxiway lights and all of a sudden you see additional green lights going left and right, letting you believe that you're crossing another taxiway. That would be extremely confusing!

Therefore ATC can NOT switch stop bars to green, they simply switch them OFF instead when cleared to enter or cross a runway! Stop bars are not equipped with green lights. So I hope you can change this with your stop bars as well in a small update? Don't worry, happens to best of you... I remember a certain hub called Schipol having had the same error after release :D

Ops.. had no idea :)

think it’s too late for this patch but I can have it addressed later. Thanks for bringing it up

On 1/31/2019 at 5:43 PM, Steve 66 said:

Thanks for the feedback.

- I will try gate F36 with more aircraft types and see if they move. All other gates work fine and as per the other SODE topic/thread.

- For the 3D lights: For me this is a "must have" thing. It adds to the realism when taxiing into start position on the runway, and during take-off/landing. It was never a FPS problem on my 5 year old computer. I don't have any Flightbeam scenery, but have payware scenery from the other major developers. They all include these lights. Maybe you could include it as an option in a future update? I hope so:)

Happy flying,

Stefan

As a gift to you Stefan I’ve made the runway light objects optional :)

Archived