After recent update run Verify files

Lee H

After the recent SODE update, I couldn't find any gates at the updated airports. On a hunch I went out of P3D V4 and ran FTX Central and this time I ran a verify files for each airport, reset the control panel settings and also re-ran verify files for Object Flow. All gates appeared on next load and all is fine. I pass that along for whatever it might be worth.

5 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I can confirm that running Verify Files caused a significant volume of downloads/updates to all of my Orbx Global Range and airports. I hope that this is OK!

PS I also re-ran MakeRwys and AEC just to make sure.

I find that it replaces missing files. But, it also puts all the original files back. If you have some files like statics off, it might restore the file statics on. I just manually check each airport I verify for duplicate files.

Sometimes a full uninstall and install will totally clean up a particular airport installation, if you're having some problems with it, it just cleans it all up.

...and for some of us, it still does not fix the "sunken in ground" issue(s).  So now begs question - which order does one do the "Verify files" in?  I originally did in this order, Global, Regions, LC then airports. Virtually everything I own had updates done to them. To check a theory I then ran Global Base again, and it again updated - I then ran England again, and it re-updated. Puzzling...

Kind regards,

1 hour ago, BlackCloud said:

...and for some of us, it still does not fix the "sunken in ground" issue(s).  So now begs question - which order does one do the "Verify files" in?  I originally did in this order, Global, Regions, LC then airports. Virtually everything I own had updates done to them. To check a theory I then ran Global Base again, and it again updated - I then ran England again, and it re-updated. Puzzling...

Kind regards,

That sounds more like a Vector issue or some 3rd party mesh. All that occurs in the verify files procedure is that FTX Central looks in the particular folders you examining to see if there are missing files and therefore replaces them. The caution is you might have a BGL turned off for some reason and FTX Central thinks that file is missing so it puts it back. You might get some duplication. A quick look at the folder can solve that. I don't do it for every airport, just a particular airport if I feel something might be off with the installation.

Thank you, Lee - for the insight. As I didn't change any settings in KGPI's control panel, that should not be the case, but one never knows! I shall go through and see. I did a complete uninstall and re-install. I kind of doubt UTLive would have much to do with the issue, but shall check into that as well.

Cheers!

Archived