Missing .dds files TrueEarth GB with XP11 on iMac

flsm (Frank)

I love TE GB South and Central.  But in both areas I come across a few airports where XP will load up, the aircraft will appear, and then XP will shutdown without any error messages or anything useful in the log.txt file.  After studying the Forum I did a count on the number of .dds files.  There were 11,876 for South (should be 12,098) and 7,188 (should be 7,333) for Central.  So I am obviously missing some .dds files!  There were no .jpg files.  The download and conversion took a day for each of South and Central on my iMac!  Do I have to do all this again, or is there some alternative?  Cheers.

24 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

If you still have the cross platform downloads, how many files are there inside them?

Sorry Nick.  I have never needed a back-up in my life so I tend to delete extra stuff fairly quickly!  Guess I will have to download again?  Cheers.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:15 PM, Nick Cooper said:

I'm afraid I can't see another way.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:17 PM, flsm (Frank) said:

No worries Nick.  Will set it going again tonight.  Cheers.

Nick, I downloaded both again and counted the number of jpg files in the Textures folders - 11,876 for South and 7,188 for Central.  These are the same numbers as for the converted dds files from my first download.  In other words, the conversion process was complete but there are jpg files missing from the downloads. This assumes that the numbers you quoted in another post are correct , ie should be 12,098 and 7,333 respectively.  Is there something wrong with the downloads?  Cheers.

21 hours ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Hi Nick.  Any news/ideas/suggestions?  Anyone else with XP on a Mac reporting a similar issue?  Cheers.

Frank

If it's any help, I'm running XP and TE GB South on an iMac as well and it does work. Absolutely stunning in fact so please do persevere  I've just checked my textures folder and I have 12,098 files in there. But, they are not all DDS files. There are 11,876 .dds files and 222 .png (the latter appear to be water textures/overlays). So you do have the correct number of .dds files for it to be working perfectly.

And providing you also have the 222 .png, then it's not the number of files that's giving you the problem and it would suggest there's something else causing the issue.

Tony Perrey

Thanks Nick and Tony.  Yes indeed, if I add dds and png files together I have the right total number of files!  Live and learn!  Now, I removed all my custom scenery except TE and there were no problems.  So TE is OK.  I then reinststed all my custom scenery and removed TE and there were no problems.  But with all my custom scenery and TE installed, I have the problem described in my initial post.  So, there is obviously a conflict between the two somewhere.  Because there are no error messages or warnings in XP or in the log.txt file, it is going to be a challenge to find which of my very extensive custom scenery is in conflict with TE.  If you have any thoughts or suggestions as to how I might go about this, well I am all ears!  It’s no big deal because I can still enjoy TE ..... just a bit annoying when a few airports cause the crash.  Cheers.

Archived