ORBX airports missing textures and other anomalies

Avidean

Hope this is the right forum. I recently got back into Prepar3D V4.4 and I went from Wndows 7 to Windows 10Pro.

Clean windows 10 install Everything installed for the first time in that OS.

I noticed that I was getting Vertical waves and some night texture tiles during the day around third party addon airports like FT CYYZ.

Poppet has guides to fix those anomalies posted on AVSIM. Followed those guides problems went away.

I now have all of my ORBX addons installed (90+) When I installed them I used FTX3 and I used backups which I had made on previous downloads.

Which I am sure FTX3 updates as it goes so that the latest versions are installed.Right?

Now I have noticed some anomalies at some airports. Missing object, missing textures, rouge road traffic, default runway marking visible through runway.

I suspect that something is wrong with Scenery library order? In FTX central3 I have the following setting:

FTX entries should be inserted below:

(at the top of the scenery library)

and

OpenLC entries should be inserted below:

FTX

I ran the unified lookup which I believe puts all the OBRX scenery library entries in the right order and in the right place.

I also tried deleting the version for one of the affected airports and reinstalled it allowing FTX Central to download the entire file

but it looked the same

I unchecked "Use objectflow 2 in Prepar3D V4" and it was still the same.

This one is YPEC. Seems to me the that asphalt runway and taxiway textures are missing. I recall bollards down the length of each side of the

runway which are now missing and it appears that there are 2 sets of runway markings?

2031987902_YPECmissingtexturesandobjects.png.3dbc540f08b111b76d989e034f8e2189.png

This one is KHQM. Apron, Taxiway and parking lot Asphalt textures missing. What appears to be fail or winter grass texture in its place.

1554510092_KHQMmissingtexturesandobjects.png.c47962f1c37f71f549e56869d2006c51.png

Valdez. I drew the red line parallel to line or rouge raod traffic going right through the airport building and all.

836720161_Valdezrougetraffic.png.866c5887412e235401ced7205775eddb.png

And Meigs. Winter grass texture in Parking lot

656876915_KCGXmissingtexturesandobjects.png.57a91eaab1cc468198a5bd796067b049.png

I am guessing Objectflow or ORBX library issue. Or perhaps scenery order.

Hopefully there ia  fix that doesn't involve uninstalling and reinstalling everything

Hello Avidean

I am not an expert but I would suggest the following:

01.-Update your FTX Central

02.-Ensure you have your libraries updated

03.-Tick the objects flow

04.-Ensure your insertion points for the FTX entries go below your very first thrid-party add-on and the OLC below your FTX entries

05.- As you have files downloaded these might have suffered changes/updates so run the "verify files" tool for the sceneries you show problems

As I said I'm not an expert but that is what I would do to start.

Cheers

Carlos

I forgot to mention something

Some third-party addd-ons like CYYZ (Fly Tampa) produce night textures on the ground at day, same with Sydney and others. This is due to LC bgls in the terrain folder. If you find some more night textures search in that 3rd pty scenary files for land class and put them off. Sometimes by unticking the whole terrain folder in P3D the issue gets fixed. Some sceneries like Athen do need some of the terrain bgls but some other don't need at all the terrain folder or LC bgls having Orbx installed. Just try this when you find then.

Cheers

Carlos

And have you tried all the proviously said?

If yes, you would have to wait for an Orbx extur to assist you as I don't know what else could be causing this problem to you

I think NickCooper might be helping you soon

Regards,

Carlos

The texture on the ground at YPEC and KHQM is because those airports used only photoreal for the surface, and you have a 'grassy' type ground detail active, try this replacement

The ground markings at YPEC are confused like that in real life

ypec.jpg

The missing cones I'm unsure of, though I do know of an issue involving missing objects when people update from P3Dv4.3 to 4.4, but it looks like you installed full 4.4?, otherwise make sure your scenery slider is on max

Valdez I'm not aware of any issues, as long as you have both SAK and PAVD installed via FTXcentral and in the correct order (airport above region), there should be no issues but a search of the forum did bring up this topic

Thanks for the Help! I have REX HD Airports installed and there is an option in the Setting to Restore Textures to before HD Airports was installed. That restored the Textures at the effected ORBX airports back to what they where supposed be. I'll be kicking that REX product to the curb! It's only supposed to change the textures of default airports. There's not even an option to list airports to be excluded.???

Turing custom scenery density to full fixed missing objects and turning off Vector entries in scenery library killed the rouge traffic at PAVD. Although, I can't see my self doing that everytime I am flying in a full region. Is there an alternative way to do that?

On 1/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

can you attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file please?

There is no road traffic except on the roads at PAVD.

Per the instructions above I turned off the Vector entries in the Scenery library. While doing that I notices that 3 flytampa entries where way down among the FTX entries in the scenery library. I moved those up to the top of the scenery library. Then when I loaded a scenario with PAVD the rouge road traffic was gone. I then reactivated the Vector entries in the scenery library and the rouge road traffic is still gone. I just check it again and its still gone. Make of it what you will but that's all my issues pertaining to this post resolved. If you interested I attached my scenery.cfg anyway. If you spot anything wrong with it please let me know. :D

This is from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

scenery.cfg

Archived