EGLL & EGKK with GB TrueEarth

NDRustyfan

• 1 month later...

No, i would not recommend the Pilot Plus Gatwick scenery for use with GB true Earth. 

There are multiple buildings popping up from the base scenery interfering with the Pilot plus buildings.  

The surrounding vegetation has a very unrealistic turquoise hue that stands out like a sore thumb.

There is also an airliner visible in the ground textures that wasn't edited out.

Some months ago I emailed them about this and was told they would fix the problem with the clashing buildings with a patch but this has not yet happened.

The turquoise hue cannot be fixed and they would work on the texture edit to take out the airliner embedded into the ground.

Their website seems to imply they're working on an upcoming EGLC, but with this lack of attention to detail, tardy support and broken promise of a patch, I for one will not be buying it. I've taken their Gatwick off my system, a waste of time and a waste of £15, bought in the Christmas sale. 

Thanks all for your replies, I did go ahead and purchased the Aerosoft EGLL and it does work pretty well, the texture colors seem a little lighter, but all in all it seems to work, I've been doing some searching online but can't find the instilation directions,  I wonler what the folder (_DefaultStreets London-Heathrow) is for, all I installed was the (Aerosoft - EGLL Airport London-Heathrow) folder

Thanks again for everyone's reply.

26 minutes ago, NDRustyfan said:

I wonler what the folder (_DefaultStreets London-Heathrow) is for, all I installed was the (Aerosoft - EGLL Airport London-Heathrow) folder

Thanks again for everyone's reply.

Do not activate "_DefaultStreets London-Heathrow", I got this suggestion on the Aerosoft forum. I had it active initially and it blocked buildings/trees in areas of ORBX TE GB around the airport.

Kind regards, Michael

43 minutes ago, pmb said:

Do not activate "_DefaultStreets London-Heathrow", I got this suggestion on the Aerosoft forum. I had it active initially and it blocked buildings/trees in areas of ORBX TE GB around the airport.

Kind regards, Michael

I have tried it both ways and don't see any issues with it during the day, but with  "_DefaultStreets London-Heathrow" disabled at night some of the roads around the airport are missing the street lights.

Alabeo_C172RG_25.png

14 minutes ago, NDRustyfan said:

I have tried it both ways and don't see any issues with it during the day, but with  "_DefaultStreets London-Heathrow" disabled at night some of the roads around the airport are missing the street lights.

Alabeo_C172RG_25.png

The phhoto above is with "_DefaultStreets London-Heathrow" disabled and below is with the "_DefaultStreets London-Heathrow" folder enabled.

Alabeo_C172RG_24.png

NDRustyfan where do you place that _defaultstreets folder?

Because when I put it above orbx scenery I get the above picture with no lights, second version looks a lot better.

Edit: Nevermind already figured it out, for the people who want to know, you have to place the _default streets folder above the EGLL Airport folder.

Archived