Friction...? Xplane

kaboki

Is there anything I can do about the insane friction on the orbx grass strips(e.g EGHR). Taxing around is a nightmare and it feels wrong to use full power just to get the plane moving. Not sure it is anything orbx can do about it, but if anyone know if there is something i can do too fix it it would be higly appriciated...

It's actually that way in real life too.  Sometimes 75% to full power is needed to get a plane rolling on grass.  I don't like how xplane has the friction when turning on the ground either, but when it comes to getting the plane to move, that is realistic.

Okay then, im not a pilot, but it feels like im stuck in mud, feels unrealistic from a simmer perspective:p. Using 1000m runway too takeoff with a cessna 172 feels weird too, but not a pilot anyway so ill just have to take your word for it:)

ps: the default grass runways in xplane doesnt have this issue...

hmm. theres something fishy going on, not sure its my end. I have this problem also on all payware Orbx aiports that have paved runway, e.g, shoreham, Cardiff,,, have to check southhamton too. What happening is that i have to use flight range on my throttle in the hotstart TBM 900 too get even moving, im supposed to use taxi range atleast when on a asphalt runway/taxiway... Not sure if I should open a support thread, beacuse this aint happening on the default paved xplane runways/taxiways

Also noticed dust coming out from the tires when taxiing,,,not sure if its supposed too?

Like, its so bad that i would call all my Orbx payware for britain useless:(

10 hours ago, kaboki said:

hmm. theres something fishy going on, not sure its my end. I have this problem also on all payware Orbx aiports that have paved runway, e.g, shoreham, Cardiff,,, have to check southhamton too. What happening is that i have to use flight range on my throttle in the hotstart TBM 900 too get even moving, im supposed to use taxi range atleast when on a asphalt runway/taxiway... Not sure if I should open a support thread, beacuse this aint happening on the default paved xplane runways/taxiways

Also noticed dust coming out from the tires when taxiing,,,not sure if its supposed too?

Like, its so bad that i would call all my Orbx payware for britain useless:(

There is a problem and it is recognised by Orbx. Look in the Orbx XP support forum on this site. I have to assume you are using XP v11.30 to see these effects? They do not happen in v26. A fix is being worked on and will be released for both Shoreham and Cardiff.

Archived